Chapter 6. Pandemonium

Toxic yawned. She still felt exhausted even after a full night's sleep. She stretched out her aching arms, trying to stay awake. Within seconds she found herself laying face first on the floor. "Why am I not surprised? I have the balance of the three legged cat." She mumbled as she pushed herself up.

Ranger walked in and asked "I heard a thump. You okay?" Toxic replied as casually as she could "Why would I not be okay?" Ranger blinked and said "You fell out of bed." Toxic replied "Why would I do that?" Ranger said "When you lie you always answer questions with questions." Toxic blustered "Do I? Is that what I do? Why would you accuse me of that?" Ranger looked at her pointedly.

Toxic sighed and said "Fine. I fell out of bed. Happy now?" Ranger nodded and grinned. "Yep, I'm happy. Now come downstairs, Mineral got back from her coal search! Finally. Took her all night!" Toxic replied "Give me a second to wake up. I'll be right down." Ranger bowed dramatically and said "Your wish is my command." Then she walked out, closing the door behind her. A few seconds later she heard Steph yell "EVERYBODY! IMPORTANT MEETING NOW!"

Toxic scrambled out of her room and down the stairs. She was the fourth person there, with Ranger, Mineral and Steph already being downstairs. She asked "What the Nether was that for, Steph?" Steph replied "I'll tell you when everyone else gets here." As if on cue, Pro, Dave, Lizzy, Blaze, Cloud, and Coco came down, all of them trying to be first down the stairs. Toxic was aware of Mineral rolling her eyes and muttering "Animals."

She would have taken it as an insult if it hadn't been true. As they all took their seats, Steph said "Okay, I'll keep this simple. We are all part of a prophecy created by Notch. We are supposed to shut down Herobrine's power source. And right now he knows we're the chosen ones and he's sending a monster to kill us all. And last night, I had a...vision that gave me a riddle clue to defeating the monster. This is the riddle: Beware the hidden Nether Star, be true to who you really are, iron, diamond, coal and gold, watch out for all the cards that fold. I need to know that you understand what I just said!"

Absolute silence. Not a single bird chirped. Not a single breath of wind dared make noise. And then...suddenly...absolute pandemonium.