Chapter 52. Soul's Oath

Toxic stayed in the house, searching for something in a dark room. At last, she opened a small satchel, and grinned as she pulled out the contents. Two small stabbing daggers.

"What're you up to this time?" A voice asked.

Toxic spun around, coming face to face with Herobrine. She glared death itself at him and said "Well, before you ever so rudely interrupted, I was making a backup plan in case my cover's blown. How's your nose?"

Herobrine raised an eyebrow. "After a regeneration potion, it was fine. Why do you need the daggers, and what is the plan?" He inquired. Toxic replied "Knife as many people as I can and run."

Herobrine rolled his eyes and drawled "An excellent plan indeed."

Toxic grinned mirthlessly and said "Thank you. Now, get out of here before you ruin my idea. Just remember the plan, and don't mess it up, or I will turn you over to them and do it myself. Understand?"

Herobrine, despite himself, shivered and nodded quickly before vanishing in a cloud of black mist. Toxic grinned again as she glanced at the daggers. Slowly, she slipped them into sheaths that were hidden in her combat boots.

They wouldn't know what hit them.

Slipping silently from the room, she saw that the others had already made their way out of the house via the gaping hole that Blaze blew in the ceiling. She would have to get the zombie villagers to patch it up later.

"Hey! Toxic, hurry up! Herobrine's Fortress isn't going to invade itself!"

As soon as she heard those words, she had to suppress an overwhelming sense of rage. But she quickly schooled her angered expression to a blank look, an ability that had saved her life many times.

She ran over to the roof's edge and jumped off, executed a perfect double flip, and landed on her feet with practiced ease. Wolf watched her walk casually up to the others.

"Show-off." Ranger muttered.

Steph grinned and said "Been practicing, Toxic?" Toxic nodded and said under her breath "You have no idea." Then she said louder "Considering I can't very well take on Herobrine with the skills of a turtle, yes, I practice."

Ranger's eyes narrowed. "Are you dissing the turtle? Do NOT diss the turtle in front of me!" Toxic grinned and lowered her head. "Sorry." She said. Ranger replied "You'd better be."

Then she burst out laughing.

Wolf turned to her and said "How can you be so carefree at a time like this? We're about to confront the single most powerful entity in all of Minecraftia, and you're arguing over a turtle's dignity like a pair of two year olds!"

Ranger pouted. "But I like turtles."

Toxic had to fight her chuckle. A killer does not laugh alongside her victims, she told herself over and over. She had to remind herself that they had to die, and that she had no choice in the matter.

"They are like bugs, helpless under your thumb. You could kill them now, as easily as you would a group of ants." A dark voice whispered in her mind. "You can finish your mission now. No need for all this elaborate planning."

Toxic paused, then answered "You forget that even the smallest ants can bite."

The voice whispered in her mind "But every ant can be destroyed before they have the chance to bite. Kill them now, and show me you are worthy of being my assistant."

She snarled in her mind "I am more worthy than anybody you could approach, and you know it. Leave me alone, and perhaps I'll finish it sooner." She waited for the voice to reply, but it never came.