Chapter 10. The First Has Fallen

Steph tossed and turned, but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't get to sleep. "The first has fallen." She flung off the blanket and said "Hello, Ender. How nice of you to finally talk to me. Now if you don't mind my asking, WHAT THE HECK DID YOU JUST SAY?!"

Ender repeated "The first of the nine has fallen to Herobrine's hand." Steph's breathing became shallow and hoarse. That meant...she asked, her voice betraying her utter shock "Ender, who was it?" Ender dropped her gaze and said "It was Cloud." Steph didn't know and didn't care that it was probably around midnight. She jumped out of bed, ignoring whatever Ender was saying to her.

Until she heard the word 'riddle.'

Then she asked "What? I wasn't paying attention."

Ender rolled her eyes and said "I said, I can help you with the third line of the riddle." Steph whisper-yelled "Well? Tell me!" Ender replied "Only when these materials are placed in order will the path to victory be unveiled." Steph wished Ender would stop speaking in riddles. "What do you mean, placed in order? What do we have to do?" Ender replied simply "Begin your quest, as the prophecy foretold."

Steph asked "Can't it wait until morning? I'm dead tired with these nightmares." Ender said "No. You must start as soon as possible." Steph nodded and walked out her door, calling to the others. Once they were all gathered, Steph said "We need to go and defeat the Wither as soon as possible. Herobrine...or at least, the Wither...has killed Cloud." Gasps of disbelief and anger filled her ears.

Blaze said "Well? What are we waiting for?" Ranger agreed, saying "Yeah! Let's get our supplies and go!" Similar comments were made by the others. Only Toxic made an actually necessary comment. "What about the third line of the riddle?" Steph replied "I think I know what it means. Right now, we need to focus on finding the Wither." Toxic nodded and with that, everyone scrambled off to gather supplies.

Coco was in charge of gathering as much food as possible. Ranger was in charge of the bows and arrows. Blaze was charged with bringing potions. Toxic was in charge of bringing swords. Pro was in charge of extra tools like pickaxes, shovels and axes. Once all the supplies was gathered and everybody had diamond armor, Steph said "Is everything ready?" Positive answers came from everyone, and Steph said "Let's go."

And so they set off, determined to avenge the death of their companion and make good on the prophecy's words. They knew that there would likely be casualties, and they knew that their teammates would get hurt. But they all understood what they had to do for the good of Minecraft itself. Each of them, besides the traitor, of course, would give their lives in a moment for their friends. What they didn't know was that the traitor was already making plans to have them killed or brought to Herobrine.