Chapter 16. I'm Done

Steph stood there, her mouth gaping. Ranger saw her expression and grinned faintly. "Well, I must have hid it pretty well for it to be such a surprise." She said. Mineral asked "Wait...how did you not get hurt when it started raining?"

Ranger replied "I created my clothes specially to withstand water. It's made of obsidian. But it can only take so much before I have to get out of the water." Dave said "How?" Ranger answered "My father is the Champion Warrior of the End. My mother is a user. The result was me, a half-Ender being."

Pro nodded slowly. Ranger said "There's a reason why I always wear sunglasses." She took the sunglasses from her eyes, and collective gasps echoed around her. Her eyes were purple. She placed the sunglasses back on.

"Well, this is a surprise."

They whirled around to find Blaze floating in the air above them. Ranger's eyes glowed darker purple as rage filled her. She growled "What...did you do...with Coco?" Blaze replied tauntingly "Oh, her? She joined me to save Toxic's life. She's on my side."

Ranger was done. She was SO done. With a mighty roar only an Ender Hybrid would be capable of, she launched herself at Blaze. Surprisingly, Blaze was knocked out of the air. Ranger looked at her sword, then tossed it away. "I don't need this. And I don't want it."

Blaze stood up and said "Not a good idea." She summoned a fireball and threw it at Ranger. Ranger held out a hand, stopping the flame a few inches from her palm. Blaze looked surprised, and Ranger smiled. "Not so cocky now that you've met your match?"

And she flung the fire bolt back at Blaze.

It hit her arm, and she was thrown backwards by the force of it. When she stood up, there was no wound. Of course there wouldn't be a wound, Ranger thought. "Hm. So I can't use fire against you. Should've seen that coming. Oh well...I guess I'll have to make my own."

Ranger stepped back a pace and held both hands out in front of her. Slowly, but surely, a dark ball of black and purple energy formed between her hands. It glowed dangerous purple, and Blaze grew nervous as she sensed it's power. Ranger growled "Say hello to Lizzy for me."

With a powerful yell, she flung it at Blaze. She was engulfed by the energy ball, and brought to the ground. Ranger stepped forward to survey her. To Ranger's utmost surprise, Blaze stood back up. "HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?" She roared.

Blaze smiled and said "I am immortal, I do not bleed and I do not have a heart." Ranger looked at her helplessly, and her anger only grew because of it. She tried to launch herself at Blaze again, but Dave and Steph held her back.

Ranger struggled against them for a few seconds, then realized it was no use. She stopped fighting and they let go. Now that she was calmer, she could think much more clearly.

She said "There is always a way, Blaze. Nobody is completely immortal. Everybody has a weakness. And I may have just figured out yours."