Chapter 32. In the Future

Everybody died. THE END!

(Kidding. Okay, now to the actual story. READ ON!)

"Can you teleport us to the house?" Toxic asked. Blaze replied "Yes, but it will drain a lot of energy." Ranger held up a hand, then said "Hold up a second. Toxic hasn't explained how she's a wolf hybrid." Steph smiled and said "Thank you for finally saying it right!" Ranger smirked. Steph realized her mistake.

"Oh, how silly of me! I meant to say werewolf." Ranger said with a grin.

"Of course. Should have seen that coming." Steph grumbled to herself.

"But seriously. How are you a wolf hybrid?" Mineral asked Toxic. Toxic glanced down at her feet and mumbled "I'd rather not discuss it right now." Mineral nodded. It wasn't her place to pry into Toxic's personal matters. Gesturing to the others, she said "Let's get going, Blaze."

Blaze held out both hands, and they formed a ring by holding hands. Steph squealed "FRIENDSHIP CIRCLE!" Ranger looked at her strangely. "What are you, a two year old?" She asked. Steph frowned and said "I was just thinking..." Ranger grinned, but stayed silent. Blaze said "Hold on, everybody. Whatever happens, for Notch's sake DO NOT LET GO."

"We don't plan to." Everybody said in unison. Blaze closed her eyes. A deep red mist appeared and surrounded them. It began to funnel up, and when it dissipated, they were gone.

===========================

Wolf looked up, startled. Her friends had just appeared in front of her. Jumping from her seat on the couch, she tried to escape. Then, a hand grabbed her shoulder. Looking back, she saw Blaze's concerned face. Relaxing a little, she said "What do you want?" In actuality, though it sounded much more like this:

"W-W-What d-d-do you w-w-want?"

Okay, maybe that was a little exaggerated. But you get the point. She had a stutter.

Blaze looked at the others, and with a glare that could kill, she let them take over. Ranger went first. As she stepped forward, Wolf took an unconscious step backwards. Ranger noticed this and looked down at her feet guiltily. "We're not here to hurt you, Wolf." She murmured. Wolf wondered what had gotten into her. She was never scared of her friends in this way.

Then she realized it was because if they attacked, she wouldn't hurt them. She simply wouldn't. Wolf said curtly "Well, if that's not your aim, what exactly do you plan on doing?" Ranger closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and said "I'm sorry, Wolf. I shouldn't have acted the way I did. The news was a shock, and we weren't sure what to do. Please forgive me." As she said these words, the others came up behind her.

First Toxic, then Steph, then Mineral, then Dave. They repeated what Ranger said and looked to Wolf for forgiveness. Wolf was frozen solid. Literally. Her legs and arms felt like they were made of lead. She asked "How do I know you're not just saying that because Blaze is breathing down your necks?"

"Wolf, they're sincere. Trust me. If they weren't, they would be on fire by now." Blaze said from her position behind them. Wolf grinned and said "In that case, you are forgiven." A collective relieved breath came from everybody, even Blaze. Then Toxic said "We should get to finding Pro."

Wolf shifted, embarrassed. "Yeah, about that...oops..." She said. Everybody burst into laughter. Ranger said "Oops is right!" Blaze grinned and said "I didn't think you were serious when you said you would slap them into the next century!" Wolf smiled and replied "I didn't actually plan on it. It just sort of happened. I wonder were Pro is now?"

"Probably in the FUUUUUTUUURRE..." Ranger said, eyes wide and waving her arms. Blaze rolled her eyes and shoved her. Ranger, unfortunately, was caught off balance and fell over. This caused another laughing fit. "Well, either way, we have some time traveling to do." Wolf said.

"I can't time travel though." Blaze added to the conversation. "I can't get us to Pro."

"But I can." Wolf said with the "I-know-something-you-don't-know" smile.