Chapter 22. Heroic Saltwater

Herobrine had left his fortress in the End. He needed some time to escape, to be alone for a while. As he walked along, he noticed a small wooden hut just inside the treeline. Smiling, he said to himself "This'll be fun." And he teleported to the house. At the window, he looked inside, searching for the house's inhabitants.

According to the furniture and living space, it was only one person. Most likely a warrior, considering the numerous weapons hung on the walls. Suddenly Herobrine felt the cold sensation of diamond at his back.

"I give you one sentence to explain why you're here before I destroy you." Herobrine smiled and said "I was actually looking for you, sir. I'm sorry to bother you. I got lost in the mine and had to dig my way up. I thought maybe you could house me for the night." He laced his voice with innocence and fear. The sword didn't move.

"There are no mines around here." The man said. Herobrine asked "May I turn around?" The man muttered assent. Herobrine flicked a wrist and instantly his appearance changed from lively and fresh to exhausted and bruised. His eyes had changed as well. They were deep brown.

He pulled a half-destroyed pick out of his inventory and held it loosely by his side as he turned to face the man. "You can see I'm no threat, sir." He forced a shake into his voice. The man studied Herobrine for a moment, then said "Do you think I'm an idiot?" Herobrine was taken aback.

"No, sir, of course not!" The man smiled and said "I know a griefer when I see one. You have ten seconds to get off my property before I stick my sword through you." Herobrine thought fast. He said "I have a proposition for you." The man tilted his head to the side and said "You're really eager to die, aren't you? Oh well, go ahead."

Herobrine flicked a hand and he returned to his normal state. The man looked surprised. Now at last Herobrine could see the man. He wore a Roman-style helmet, a brown ragged cape, with black armor studded with spikes. Herobrine asked "Not so cocky now, are you? Tell me your name."

The man tried to preserve his dignity and said "My name is Zero. I am the most regarded warrior in the world." Herobrine smiled mockingly and said "My name is Herobrine. I am the demon brother of Notch. Nice to meet you." Zero was silent for a moment. Then he said "You do realize that brine is saltwater, correct?" Herobrine glared daggers at him.

"Your arrogance is boundless, my friend. That will eventually get you in a lot of trouble. Fortunately, I may have use of you. How would you like to ally with me?" Zero raised an eyebrow. "Me? Ally with saltwater?"

"IT'S A SIMPLE YES OR NO QUESTION." Herobrine roared. Zero nodded, studying Herobrine. After looking at his arms and legs, he said "You seem pretty fit. Obviously a capable fighter. But I'd expect that from salt-" "DON'T SAY THAT WORD!" Herobrine yelled. Zero nodded and said "I will ally with you. And I have a little something to tell you." Herobrine raised an eyebrow.

"It's about your other allies, Blaze and Coco." Herobrine was instantly intreagued. He asked "Well? Go on!" Zero beckoned him forward and whispered something in his ear. Herobrine backed away and roared "THEY'RE PLANNING WHAT?!" Zero flinched and said "You heard me right."

Herobrine said "Meet me in my End Fortress within the hour. I have something I need to discuss with my 'allies' that is very important." Zero nodded and said "I'll be there, Herobrine." And with that, Herobrine vanished. Zero grinned. Before he left, however, he grabbed as many weapons as he could fit into the hidden pockets in his armor. And that's a lot of pockets. Overall, he was armed with over a dozen daggers and five swords, including his precious enchanted diamond sword.

YES! I LOVE THE NEW CHARACTER! Do you? TELL MEH