Chapter 68. There's No Place Like Home

Toxic turned to face them.

She kept her head held high as Scarlett walked slowly towards her. "What did you mean by a soul's oath?" Scarlett's question surprised Toxic. She hesitated.

"My father and I went to the End to kill the Ender Dragon. It went all wrong. The Ender Dragon threatened my father, and I took a soul's oath to save his life." Toxic explained quickly.

Scarlett nodded, then said "You understand that Notch will ultimately decided your fate, and when he does, I will have no say in his decision." Toxic replied "Yes. I understand that perfectly."

Scarlett grinned faintly. "In that case, I believe we can go home."

A flash of white light, and they appeared in a clearing surrounded by tall oak trees. Ranger grinned and looked up at the sky. She could have stayed in the End all day, but she missed the sights of the Overworld.

Another flash of white light, and a man appeared in midair. As soon as Steph saw the fedora and green cape, she recognized the man. "Notch." She said, smiling.

Scarlett turned to King Jason and said "I don't think we're needed anymore." Notch dropped to the ground with hardly a sound. "Would you care to join us? You're more than welcome." He said to Scarlett and the Blaze King.

King Jason frowned slightly. "I was supposed to have an important meeting with some other Nether officials...but I suppose I could reschedule it." He said, and his frown turned to a smile.

Notch met each of their gazes. Well, not including Toxic, who avoided eye contact with him and lowered her head. Notch's gaze fell on Toxic. She sensed it and shifted uncomfortably.

"Toxic. What a pleasant surprise." He said, his tone a little less than excited. Raising her head, Toxic replied "The pleasure is mine." And an intense staring contest began.

Toxic met his gaze evenly, and Notch eventually nodded. "I will have to think about this. In the meantime, you have all earned a few days rest. I have prepared rooms in my castle for your use."

Ranger suddenly said "I just now realized that the last time I ate was two days ago." Pro rolled her eyes. "Never change, Ranger. Never change." Notch acknowledged Ranger's comment.

"Then I shall have a feast prepared in our great hall." Notch said.

Ranger's eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped. "Holy..." She whispered, and Wolf almost laughed aloud at the look on her face at the mention of a feast. "Count me in!" Wolf said, and everybody laughed.

That is, apart from Toxic, who stayed back away from the group. Ranger noticed her standing off from the others and walked over. "Hey, come join us! We're going to Notch's castle." She said.

Toxic grinned wistfully. "He doesn't trust me. I betrayed you. I no longer deserve to be a part of the group." Ranger paused for a moment to take in that statement.

"Once a member, always a member." Ranger said, holding out a hand. Toxic looked at it uncertainly before muttering "What the heck." and grabbing Ranger's hand.

Ranger pulled Toxic over to stand with the others - against her will might I add. "Ready!" She shouted, and a white light encircled them. When it vanished, they were gone.

A few seconds later, they appeared at Notch's castle. Ranger's jaw dropped for the second time. "Holy..." She whispered. Wolf gaped at the scene. "How many people are here?!" She asked.

"Pretty much all of Minecraftia wanted to see the heroes that stopped Herobrine once and for all." Notch said, and with that, he began to lead them through the courtyard to the main hall.