Chapter 58. Blaze v.s Pistol

Toxic smirked. "So Blaze, are you feeling lucky?" She drawled. Wolf growled under her breath and tried to dislodge Tyton's grip, but failed. Her eyes still glowed bloodred, and would remain that way until her friends were no longer in danger.

Suddenly, Wolf caught something out of the corner of her eye. Ranger was mouthing something to her. But she couldn't quite make it out. Ranger repeated the action, more urgently this time.

"Calzone?" Wolf whispered. Ranger mouthed "No." "Calogne?" Ranger frowned and mouthed again "No." "Skin tone?" Ranger closed her eyes and breathed deeply. She flicked her gaze toward Wolf's.

"Eyes?" Ranger made a positive gesture and continued making a series of small gestures that Wolf could only guess. "Eyes? White? Irises? Light? Glow! Yes!"

Ranger flicked her eyes toward the floor.

"Floor? Ground? Marble! Oh...nope. Um...come on, think...stone!" Ranger made another positive gesture and crossed her eyes. "Put...put the two words together?"

Ranger sighed in relief. Wolf said "Glowstone...glowstone...how does that help...wait a minute." Quickly, she waved a hand, and the glowstone dagger Notch gave her appeared.

Ranger glanced at the dagger, then down at herself. Wolf understood this time.

Quickly, she focused her power into the blade, and pointed it at Ranger. The Ender Hybrid dropped to the ground silently, freed of Herobrine's dagger-magic. She nodded to Wolf and Wolf nodded back.

They turned their attention back to Toxic and Blaze.

"Killing me won't help you, Toxic. There are still five others here who would do the same to you as soon as you pull that trigger." Blaze said. Ranger had to admit, she was brave in the face of death.

What Ranger didn't realize was that Blaze was having a mental panick attack.

Toxic grinned and replied "I know. But you'll still be dead. You'd never see your friends again, or your parents...and all it would take is a twitch of my finger."

Ranger's eyes began to turn black again, but she didn't dare give up the element of surprise she had gained. Both Toxic and Herobrine thought she was still frozen.

Wait.

Ranger glanced sadly at Wolf. She mouthed "Knock Zero out." Wolf looked at her incredulously. "Just do it. Trust me." Ranger whispered. Wolf nodded slowly.

Not giving Tyton any chance to avoid it, she swung a fist into his temple, effectively knocking him out cold in one punch. Catching him before he could slam into the ground, Wolf set him down gently, with almost no noise.

Thankfully, nobody seemed to notice.

Wolf moved silently to Ranger, who said "If we can knock Herobrine out, we might have more of a chance." Wolf nodded and said "You go right, I go left." Ranger didn't acknowledge the statement, she immediately began to move off to Herobrine's right side.

Wolf did the same, except with the left side. Quickly, Wolf counted down with her fingers, and when they reached zero, they both ran at unnatural speeds for Herobrine.

Wolf jumped on his back, knocking him flat on his face. Ranger held his arms down and took the dagger before he could use it. Quickly, Wolf repeated the one-punch knockout, and Herobrine went limp.

"Wow. I need to use this more often." Wolf said, inspecting her hand.

They moved away from Herobrine and focused back on Toxic.

"You act like you're so tough, but you're just a coward. You're not going to shoot me. You don't have the guts." Blaze said. But her voice betrayed her by shaking slightly.

Toxic thumbed back the hammer and said "Try me." Everybody tensed. This was the moment of truth. Ranger held her breath. If Toxic decided to shoot, nobody would be close enough to stop her before she pulled the trigger.

An ear-shattering bang echoed through the hall.

Everybody in the hall besides Toxic started to move towards Blaze, but stopped as they saw she was unharmed. "What?" Toxic growled, checking the chamber.

There were no bullets inside.

"Looking for something?" Blaze's head snapped up at the voice. A woman with bright red hair and magenta-colored eyes stepped through the double doors, holding the six bullets that were supposed to be in the chamber.

Blaze grinned faintly and said "Great timing, Mom."