Chapter 54. You Will Die

"Get them chained - and get seven Pigmen down here." Toxic ordered. There was no room for self pity right now. She had other things to worry about. Come to think of it, how and why in the world had she gotten so...sad?

She growled at herself for showing such sentimentality. A killer is ruthless and cruel and did not show such displays of weakness, with souls of stone and hearts with armor so thick nothing can pierce them.

And eventually, she began to believe it.

When the seven Pigmen arrived, she ordered them to stand at attention behind the six prisoners; soon to be seven, once Mineral joined them. And, as if on cue, Mineral arrived.

Toxic grinned as Mineral bowed to her. Mind control spells - you've gotta love them. She said "Go stand by your companions and wait for further instruction."

Mineral nodded acknowledgement and did as Toxic commanded, kneeling on the ground beside her friends. Quickly, the Pigman behind her chained her wrists together.

She looked at Toxic questioningly, but did not speak. As Toxic did not give any orders, she was to follow along until she was told otherwise. And so she stayed there, until a few of them began to shift.

Toxic smirked. They would wake soon...only to find that their precious mission had failed, and that they would die. She turned to Herobrine. "Get them awake." She ordered.

"Prepare the water!" She heard Herobrine shout. Toxic's blood turned cold. Both Blaze and Ranger would die from water. And she wanted them to die on her terms, or not at all.

"No water. Just wake them up." She ordered firmly. Herobrine paused and said "Come on, Toxic. The water won't kill them, only hurt them." So he had been thinking the same thing. But she shook her head.

"I said get them awake. Did I ask for them to be hurt in the process? No, I don't believe I did. So do as I said, exactly as I told you to do it, nothing more, nothing less." She said, no trace of a grin whatsoever.

Herobrine flinched, then replied "My apologies, Toxic." Then he called "Hold the water!" Toxic raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to wake them up. When she saw his eyes glow brighter, she knew what was coming.

Gale-force winds ripped through the hall, immediately waking up the six prisoners, as Mineral was already awake. The shrill whistle of the wind had no effect on her; nor did the wind.

She simply stood there and watched the seven prisoners shield themselves against the wind. And, as fast as it had come, it vanished, and along with it the shrill whistling.

Toxic grinned down upon the prisoners, who were by now completely awake. "Welcome to Herobrine's Fortress." She said with a mocking bow. "Have you enjoyed your stay thus far?" She drawled.

Wolf growled and pulled against the chains that bound her wrists together. Toxic smirked and said "Ah, aren't they remarkable? Diamond reinforced with obsidian, enchanted with fire resistance - perfect material to make chains out of."

Wolf only pulled harder, determined to break free of her bonds. Toxic's eyes narrowed slightly. She glanced over at one of the skeletons, who pushed a lever.

Wolf hissed in pain as an electric current ran through her body. So the chains were electrified. Toxic stepped forward and said "I have no intention of using that again. So please don't make me."

Eventually, Wolf realized it would only escalate the situation if she resisted, so she stopped fighting against the chains. But it didn't stop her from growling at Toxic and Herobrine under her breath.

Toxic's grin widened and Ranger glanced around warily. Toxic noticed, and asked "Sense something...off, Ranger?" Ranger nodded and said "A foreign magic...one not used by our group."

Everybody except for Toxic and Herobrine tensed. But Toxic simply chuckled and said "Ever wonder what happened to Zero after he decided he could cancel out the effects of my potion?"

Wolf, predictably, lunged against her chains, which gave slightly under the strength she put into it. Toxic said "Don't make me use the electrifier again." Wolf stopped struggling instantly. She wouldn't be of any use to her friends if she was burnt to a crisp.

Toxic turned her attention back to Ranger, who looked terrified. "Oh Notch...you...you brought out his...demon. He's a demon hybrid." She breathed.

Toxic smirked. "I thought it would be quite appropriate for you to see Tyton as he truly is." Wolf froze, and glanced at Herobrine, who went still as well. "Tyton?" He asked. "The boy I attacked years ago? The boy that Wolf saved?"

He looked at his sister and chuckled. "So that's why you're so eager to protect him? Don't want all your hard work going to waste? Well, you're too late. I do believe he's about to make his entrance."

Enormous, feathered wings. Glowing red eyes. A feral look that told Wolf that this was not the Tyton that she had known before. This was Zero's true form - he was a demon hybrid.

Toxic grinned and said "Tyton, how nice of you to join us."

Demon Tyton scanned the seven prisoners gathered before him. His red, beady eyes lingered on Wolf, and she swore she saw a flicker of recognition. Tyton glanced at Toxic and Herobrine, then bowed his head.

Wolf was done.

She was simply done.

With a mighty roar, she threw all her strength and weight against the chains. With a metallic crack, shards of diamond-strengthened obsidian flew everywhere, and many guards had to duck to avoid them.

Wolf melted the remainder of the chains left shackled around her wrists. The fire resistance spell had been removed, since they were severed from the main portion.

Her eyes glowed blinding white.

Toxic glanced at Tyton, who gave a feral snarl. She grinned at Wolf and said "If I order him to attack you, he will obey. But would you fight back?"

"No." Wolf spat. "No, I would not fight back - because unlike somebody I know, I value friendship. I do not see it as a chance to pain another person. I see it as a bond that cannot be broken by any weight or heat, by no pressure or suffering."

"Well then..." Toxic said, with the faintest hint of a smile, and clasped her hands behind her back. "In that case, you will die." She glanced once at Zero, and that was all the prompting he needed to launch himself at Wolf.