Chapter 23. Sister...Brother...What

"Blaze, Coco, Herobrine wishes to see you." Blaze turned, surprised. The Pigman behind her said "I suggest you hurry. He didn't look like he wanted to wait." Coco glanced quickly at Blaze and sensed that they were both thinking the same thing. Blaze said "Coco, come on. Don't want to keep Lord Herobrine waiting." Coco frowned at her use of honorifics, then remembered they were supposed to be allied with him.

"I'll escort you, if you like." The pigman offered. Blaze shook her head and said "That won't be necessary." She walked past the guard, Coco following behind. Blaze pulled her aside when the guard was out of earshot. "Coco, act like you're scared of him. Whatever you do, don't hint that we're betraying him." Coco groaned inwardly at the thought of acting scared of Herobrine. "But what if I'm not scared?" She protested. Blaze sighed.

"Just do it. If we mess up, the others won't stand a chance." That statement convinced Coco. She said "Lead the way." They were silent for the rest of the walk. At last, they reached Herobrine's throne room. He sat on he throne, fiddling with a dagger. It was actually a beautiful weapon. The leather-bound handle was reinforced with iron straps, and the crosspiece was made of dark brown hardwood.

The blade itself was gleaming black ringed with silver. Obsidian, Blaze realized. Coco whispered "Since when can obsidian be made into daggers?" Blaze replied "Apparently, since he wanted it to." As they walked up the grand hallway to the throne, Coco was aware of another presence in the room. She wasn't sure how she knew, but she was certain somebody else was there.

"Blaze. Thank you for hurrying. I have something to discuss with you and Coco." Blaze grinned and said "Of course. What is it?" Herobrine stood and sheathed the obsidian dagger. "You really think you could fool me, didn't you?" If Blaze had a heart, it would be pounding a mile a minute. But she answered evenly "Does anything you say make sense, Briney?" Coco was impressed with her ability to stay cool under this pressure. Herobrine had figured out they weren't on his side.

"You know exactly what I mean, Blaze." Herobrine growled. Blaze pretended to think for a moment, then said "I'm afraid my powers don't include mind reading. Elaborate, please." Herobrine said "You're planning to betray me." Blaze snorted and replied "I wouldn't be fool enough to do that. Even with my powers you could kill me in an instant if you really wanted to." Herobrine thought for a moment, then said "Coco, what is your thinking on this?"

Coco was surprised for a moment, then allowed her true feelings to show. "Well, let's see here. I hate you to the core. I hate Blaze to the core." Blaze pouted, and Herobrine's expression remained unreadable. "But despite that, I wouldn't dream of betraying you. Anyways, I don't have any powers. I'm not at all special." Coco finished. A twinge of nervousness entered her voice as she said the words. Herobrine smiled. It was the smile of a wolf. "In that case, you wouldn't mind if I asked who your family was?"

Coco froze. Oh Notch...he knew...he remembered..."My family is dead. I was an only child. My parents lived in the wilderness. My father was a miner and my mother was a fisherwoman." She lied, holding on to anonymity as best she could. Herobrine laughed and said "Now, Wolf, we both know that isn't true." Coco flinched as Herobrine mentioned her real name. Blaze looked at Coco in fear and awe.

"Wolf? As in...as in Herobrine's sister?" She breathed. Coco growled "Don't call me that! Just don't!" Blaze's eyes betrayed her utter confusion. Coco - or rather, Wolfbrine - looked Herobrine in the eyes and said "So we meet again, brother."