Chapter 29. I'll Slap Them

"For the hundredth time, OW!" Zero said indignantly, rubbing the side of his head where Wolf had knocked him into the wall. Wolf grinned smugly and said "Ready to give up yet?" Zero stiffened and said "I'll never let you win." Blaze stepped forward and said "Okay, that's it. I'm joining in." Suddenly Zero was knocked off his feet by a blast of fire.

"HONESTLY?" He roared. To anybody passing by, it would seem almost comical. Zero hefted his sword and charged at Blaze. Stepping aside, Blaze summoned a wall of fire. Backing away, Zero growled "I swear to Notch, I want to destroy you so much right now..." Wolf replied "I'm afraid that's not going to happen."

Zero looked at Wolf, then Blaze, then back at Wolf again. Blaze said "One chance to run." Zero glared at her. "A true warrior does not give up. He fights to the end." He said. Wolf nodded and said "I admire your bravery. But, as another famous quote says, "A wise warrior knows when to surrender." Perhaps you should start being a wise warrior."

Zero charged at Wolf, yelling "I honor the promises I make, and I said I would ally with Herobrine!" Wolf watched as he swung the sword in a savage downwards stroke. She muttered under her breath "Time to end this." She held out a hand to stop the sword.

Zero's sword stopped a few inches above Wolf's hand. With a flick of her wrist, Wolf sent the sword spinning away. Zero laughed and said "I can fight with other weapons than my sword!" Suddenly, Wolf saw the gleam of iron at his belt.

A dagger. Before Zero could grab it, she leapt forward, snatching it away. A quick twist and the dagger leapt from the sheath into Wolf's waiting hand. Zero took one look at Wolf, now armed with his own dagger, and backed away.

He almost careened into Blaze, who had taken up position behind him. Now Zero had two highly trained warriors on both sides. "Okay, calm down, can we just talk about this?..." He asked. In answer, Blaze lit her palm on fire and Wolf twirled the dagger.

Zero gulped. This was not good. Then, he remembered his secret weapon. Quickly reaching for the chain of his cape, he unhooked one of the chain links. He looked at it briefly. It was bulging, and unlike the others, it was painted plastic, not iron. With all his might, he threw it on the ground, shattering the plastic.

An enormous cloud of mist sprang from the hollow chain link. Wolf had to back away to avoid being caught in it. Blaze shot a blast of fire into the cloud, blowing most of it away. It revealed Zero running for the exit. "Let him be. He won't be any trouble." Wolf said.

Blaze was happy to comply. "We have to get to our friends." She said after a few moments. Wolf replied "You can teleport, correct?" Blaze nodded and said "Grab my hand." Wolf did so. She noticed that Blaze's hand was shaking.

"What's wrong?" She asked. Blaze replied "What if...what if they try to kill me?" Wolf shook her head and said firmly "If they try, I'll slap them into the next century." With that reassurance, Blaze closed her eyes. A bright red glow surrounded them.

Within seconds they were gone.