Chapter 17. Water, Water, Everywhere

"Why did I tell them that?" Blaze yelled. She turned to the nearest solid block, which happened to be an unfortunate stone brick. She punched it with all her might, cracking it from one side to the other. "Why did I tell them I had no heart?" She yelled.

This was a cautious topic for her, and she hated it when people mentioned it. And now she had admitted the fact to her enemy! She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned around. Herobrine stood behind her. She backed up a little, then said "What is it?" Herobrine looked at her and said "I understand your pain."

Blaze was confused. "What do you mean?" She asked. "I have no heart either, and I am immortal as well." Blaze replied "Well, you were born without a heart. You never knew what it was like. I did. You have no idea what I'm feeling!"

She turned away, punching the stone brick again. It broke completely, shattering into hundreds of tiny shards. Herobrine asked "Why do you want a heart? You're still alive. You obviously have emotions." Blaze answered "I have emotions, yes. But they aren't as deep, as real. It's like I'm watching somebody else have them. I miss the beating of my heart, and I want it back."

Herobrine stayed silent. Then he said "Forget about your heart. Once you help me disband your friends, you'll have my protection and my fortress to live in." Blaze froze. She turned slowly to face Herobrine. She said "Forget about my heart? How can I? That's like asking you to forget your glowing eyes!"

He stiffened, and she knew she had hit a nerve. "Nothing will ever stop me from wanting a heart. Whether you like it or not, I miss having it. Now leave me alone." She was probably insane, to be ordering Herobrine around like that. But instead of bursting into rage, Herobrine simply walked away.

Blaze turned to punch the stone brick again, only to remember she had broken it. The picked up one of the shards, examining it. It depicted a detailed carving of a man rising from the sea, a trident in one hand, a seahorse hovering above the other. She dropped the shard.

"So...this is what they meant..." She whispered. They had finally realized her weakness. They had finally figured it out. That she was part Blaze. They had finally realized her weakness.

Water.