Chapter 56. Game Over

Ranger stared at Toxic, horrified. "N-No..." She whispered, her eyes wide. Wolf's eyes, which were usually white, glowed bloodred with rage. Ranger sagged against the chains that held her captive, not bothering to fight.

She saw Wolf lunge at Toxic, who simply gestured for Tyton to restrain her. And he did, holding her arms behind her back, stopping her from moving another inch.

Ranger stared at the ground. The End was gone. Her home was gone...because of Toxic. She had masterminded this. She glanced at the chains and wished she could somehow slip free.

She knew it wouldn't happen, though; they were tight around her wrists. She saw pity in the eyes of the others as they looked at her. She wanted to shout at them, tell them she didn't want their pity.

She wanted her home back.

Knowing that she had to fight back somehow, Ranger's mind began thinking overtime of ways she could escape the chains, or manipulate her Ender Energy, or maybe she could-

The chains.

The very restraints that held her captive would soon be her ticket to freedom - and revenge. But how could she pull this off? She would need some kind of energy, a current of some kind...

Ranger suddenly jerked up. She pulled against the chains with all her might, but no matter how hard she tried, the diamond-reinforced obsidian didn't break under the strain.

Toxic's eyes gleamed, and she grinned. Glancing at the skeleton, she gave the silent order for the electricity to be released. Ranger grunted as the current entered her body, but kept pulling on the chains.

Toxic's eyes glowed brighter, and she said quietly "Half power." The skeleton pushed the lever further, and Ranger had to grit her teeth against the pain. She knew she had to do this. For the End. For her father.

She kept pulling on the chains.

Toxic allowed a wicked grin. "Decided you want to die, have you? Oh well...who am I to change that decision?" And she turned to the skeleton who controlled the lever and said "Full power."

Ranger's vision blurred slightly. But she fought through it, staying conscious long enough to hear Toxic say "You could never win. You should have known that this game could not be won right from the start."

She began to draw the electricity into her chest. Yes, it hurt like Nether, but it would be worth it. She heard the shouts of the others, yelling at Toxic to shut it off, yelling at her, telling her to stay alive.

Gathering all the electricity into one enormous surge, she thought of the End. Then she thought of her father, smiling at her, saying "You did well." And she said, just loud enough for Toxic to hear "Game...over."

A bolt of lightning flashed out from her chest with a crack louder than thunder.