Chapter 49. Electric Troubles

"I don't see why we can't just cut the wire instead of connecting those two."

"Do you want the house to spontaneously combust?"

"Preferably not."

"Then connect the wires."

Ranger grumbled to herself as she carefully connected the wires together. Wolf looked approvingly at the work they had done, then frowned.

"You initially were right in the connecting, but you activated the incorrect wire circuit. You need to unplug these ones, reverse the electromagnetic current, then connect them to this blue cable over here."

Wolf pointed at several parts of the control panel before them while Ranger repeatedly banged her head against the wall.

"Come on, it's not that difficult." Wolf said. "You just have to unplug those, reverse the current, then connect them to a separate power source-"

"Do I look like a rocket scientist?" Ranger asked exasperatedly.

"Well, I half expected you to have basic knowledge of electronic wiring and mechanics." Wolf muttered back. Ranger rolled her eyes and went back to fumbling blindly with the wires.

Blaze suddenly appeared and said "Teleporting's useless, so we can't get out that way." Wolf frowned and replied "Hm. Did Toxic find any trapdoors that get out of this place?"

"Nope."

"What the-?" Wolf shrieked, jumping away from the wall Toxic's voice had come from. A section of the wall slid away to reveal a trapdoor, and Toxic's head poked out. "There's trapdoors alright, but they only connect to other rooms."

Then Toxic turned to Ranger and said "What are you trying to do? Burn the house down? That wire-" Ranger tuned out most of what Toxic said after that, but focused again to hear the last part of it "-second copper wire, thus resulting in a spark which would-"

"CAN ANYBODY IN THIS HOUSE SPEAK ENGLISH?" Ranger said, waving her arms around frustratedly.

Steph rolled her eyes and called from across the room "Connect the two blue wires and put them in the socket."

Ranger threw her hands up in the air and shouted "Hallelujah!"

Wolf nodded and said "The complexities of wire working and electronic devices, such as control panels, can be difficult when one does not have the proper training and-"

"Don't know, don't care." Ranger said over her shoulder.

She connected the two blue wires and put them in panel. A few lights on the panel flickered, then shone brightly. Ranger's eyes widened and she breathed "Did I actually find the way out?"

Then the kitchen lights turned on.

"You know, Ranger, there's a light switch for that." Blaze commented.

"Don't. Say. A. Word."