Chapter 14. And...I'm In A Cage

Coco woke up slowly, her vision returning. She stretched out her arms, easing her aching muscles. "Morning, Sleeping Beauty."

Coco jumped up and stumbled backwards, careening into the wall. Standing before her was none other than Blaze. Coco growled "Why have you brought me here?" Blaze replied "I was lonely. Games aren't much fun when played alone."

Coco said "Well, too bad. It's not like I would choose to join you just because you're lonely." Blaze smiled and said "Exactly what I thought you'd say. I knew you might need a little prompting, so I planned ahead." She stepped aside to reveal Toxic, who was locked in a cage.

Coco ran to her and said "Toxic! Are you alright?" Toxic replied "Yeah, I'm fine. You?" Coco said "I'm fine too. Why are we here?" "Because I want you to join me." Blaze said. Coco whirled around, aiming a punch to Blaze's jaw.

Blaze caught the punch with one hand and said "Ah, might not be the best idea, considering your position." Coco placed all the pieces together to get the full puzzle. "If you lay a hand on her..." She growled. Blaze grinned and said "I don't think you can do much in your state."

Coco realized she was stuck between a rock and a hard place. "What do you want from me?" She asked, gritting her teeth together. Blaze replied "I want you to join me, as I said before. And if you don't..." She trailed off, gesturing to Toxic. Coco's breath turned ragged. She said "You...you're...you can't...why?" She stammered.

Blaze smiled sadly, shaking her head. "You just don't get it, do you? Join up with me or Toxic dies." Coco looked at Toxic, then said "Toxic. Please...tell me what I should do!" Toxic only shook her head and said "Do what you know is right." Coco hesitated.

She wanted to do the right thing, and do as Toxic wished, and escape from Blaze. But she couldn't bear the thought of being the cause of her friends's death. She growled to Blaze "You are the most vile, nefarious, wicked person I've ever met."

Blaze only grinned and said "Glad you think so. Now make your choice." Coco hesitated again. She looked from the imprisoned Toxic back to Blaze, and back again. Blaze said "You try my patience, Coco. I suggest you choose now or I choose for you." Coco looked for a long while at Blaze, then said "First you send my friend back."

Blaze pouted and said "You don't trust me? Well, I don't blame you. There you go," She flicked a hand and Toxic disappeared. Coco was relieved Toxic had been unhurt. She said "I will join you. But I swear to Notch, if you ask me to hurt any of my friends..."

Blaze shook her head and said "I'd never do that. I have a heart you know, though it may be small in size. But I do have a mission for you to complete. It's of great importance and I can assure you, this will turn the tide of the battle." Coco smiled and said "You speak as if the battle is almost over. You're wrong. Trust me...it's only just beginning."