Chapter 38. The Dark Side Has Cookies

"Why are you here?" Wolf exclaimed. Seto replied "Notch sent me to get you back to your time." Blaze turned to Ranger and said "If this happens on a regular basis, I want to get lost in time more often." Ranger grinned faintly.

Seto cleared his throat and said "It seems you have some wounded here with you." Dave nodded. Seto studied Toxic and Pro. He said quietly "I think I can help." He walked first to Pro. He knelt by her side, feeling her forehead, checking for a pulse, and other sorcerer stuff they didn't understand.

Finally Seto stood up and said "She's going to be fine in a day or two. No medical help needed. She just needs a good rest." Ranger nodded and said "What about Toxic?" Seto glanced once at Toxic and his eyes widened considerably. "What weapon was used to wound her?" He asked. Wolf replied "Herobrine had some kind of obsidian dagger."

Seto's head whipped around to face Wolf. He shook his head and said "Toxic won't die." Ranger smiled, but it faded quickly when Seto began speaking again. "Herobrine enchanted the dagger with a rare spell called "Brine Effect." It will not turn her into a Brine, and that's a good thing. But..." He trailed off, either unable or unwilling to say the next words.

"Over the course of the next few days, the enchantment will take full hold on her, and her dark side will show through and she will be under Herobrine's control." He managed to get out.

Ranger was stunned. "Can you explain how that happens?"

Seto nodded and said "The enchantment is designed to bring out the dark side of everybody. There's the light side and the dark side. The latter will take control of Toxic's consciousness and, in accordance to the spell, she will take orders from Herobrine. Nobody else."

Blaze stammered "But...but...but there must be a way to reverse the effects, right?" Seto shook his head and replied "As I said, it is extremely rare, so rare that I am not able to find a cure. My samples are simply not large enough to allow me to study it's chemical compounds."

Ranger hung her head. "So that's it, then? In the next few days we'll be fighting Toxic as an enemy?" Seto nodded sadly. "I can give you something to delay the effects, but it won't last very long. Perhaps two days." Mineral nodded and said "Please, give it to her."

Seto knelt beside her and reached into his cloak, pulling out a needle. Then he withdrew a box from his pocket. He opened the box, and small shelves popped out, covered in herbs and vials and tubes and beakers and pills and all flora and fauna of the sorcerer world.

Seto mixed the potion carefully. Two leaves of green herb, mix in red pill, stir gently, add sodium chlorite, add one blue leaf, add yellow pill, stir gently. At last, the concoction was made. It was a bright flame orange, and a thin layer of foam rested at the top. Seto picked up the needle and placed it in the vial, then slowly brought the pull back, filling the needle with the orange potion.

He squirted a small amount into the air to ensure it would come out correctly, then he reached for Toxic's arm.

She had gotten much worse. The wound in her chest was relatively fine, but the veins near the puncture were turning black, and it was slowly moving through her entire body. She twitched and fidgeted, but she was still unconscious and nearly dead. "A nightmare from which she may never wake." Seto said. Then he slipped the needle into her arm. Slowly, the orange liquid dissapeared.

"There's nothing left I can do for her. Only Herobrine himself can reverse the enchantment." He said after standing up and wiping his hands on his cloak. Wolf stood very still. Then she said quietly "What about Herobrine's sister?" Seto shook his head and replied "It must be Herobrine himself. Why do you ask?"

Wolf fell silent. Seto went on "Herobrine's only sister was named Wolf...wait a minute!" He exclaimed. He walked over to Wolf and said "Are...are you...the Wolf?" Wolf nodded and removed her sunglasses to reveal her glowing white eyes. Seto seemed unsurprised by this unraveling. "To tell the truth, I sensed you had powers. I just had no idea you were Herobrine's sister." He admitted.

"Now that that's all taken care of, let's get you all home." He said, holding out a hand. A bright blue ball of energy appeared there. Ranger whispered to Blaze "And that is why I joined this team." Blaze nodded and said "SetoSenpai forever."

*ToxicArrow is definitely not having fun. So...yeah. Toxic will be evil until Herobrine dies. If he dies. So, Toxic, any preference as to who you'll punch first when you regain consciousness?*