Chapter 8. Punching Herobrine

"I haven't received any rewards yet, as you promised." The girl said to the Wither. He said "Look, Herobrine makes decisions around here, and right now he's a bit preoccupied." Crossing her arms across her chest, the girl replied "Then I'd like to see Herobrine. Maybe he'd recognize me." The Wither was stunned. Not only was he now afraid of this girl, but she had implied that she knew Herobrine.

In such a case, she should be brought to him immediately. He asked "Would you like to meet him now?" The girl smiled and said "How about we have a talk first?" The Wither didn't like where this was going. He said "You lay a hand on me, and Herobrine will have your head!" The girl only grinned and said "I'd like to see him try." The Wither was more than stunned. This was not only a challenge to Herobrine.

It was a challenge to his leadership in general. The Wither growled "Unless you aim to die right now, I suggest you keep your mouth shut." The girl smirked and said "I don't think Briney would be very happy then. Trust me." Really? Briney? Of all nicknames to choose? He said "Stop it. Now. Do not make me angry or you will suffer dire consequences."

The girl laughed and said "I've faced worse and won. Now tell me what I want to know and then show me where Herobrine's fortress is hidden." The Wither didn't have to ask to know that he would get nothing in return. The girl asked "Am I really going to get any reward?" The Wither answered truthfully "I'm not sure. I told Herobrine about our alliance but he waved it away." The girl nodded. She said "Take me to Herobrine."

The Wither asked "Can you teleport?" The girl replied "Of course." The Wither was confused, but he said "Here are the coordinates." The girl nodded and said "Thank you for your help. Now if you'll excuse me, I have an old friend to visit." She disappeared into a funnel of orange-red fog. When it dissipated there was nothing left but air where she once stood.

Herobrine's P.O.V
I was pacing in my throne room, trying to clear my mind when a girl appeared a few feet from me. It was not at all sudden. First a sheen of orange-red fog had covered the ground, then rose a little, then it floated away to reveal her. At first I didn't recognize her. Then I remembered. "Well, if it isn't-" I was cut off as she punched me in the face.

I was stunned, and most of all, furious. "What...in the name of the Nether...is going on here?" I asked, breathing heavily, attempting to control my temper and not lash out at her. "What is going on, Briney, is that you sent a monster to kill me!" She yelled. I was fighting hard not to let my anger take over. If she yelled again..."Well? Answer me!" She growled.

That was the final straw. I drew myself up to my full height and flicked my wrists. Electricity sparked at the tips of my fingers and I said "I give you one chance to run." She just stood there, looking amused. For some reason, this only made me angrier. With a powerful yell, I flung out my hand, sending a bolt of electricity at her. Expecting to see her go flying into the wall, I was very surprised when she simply absorbed the power.

I smiled faintly and said "You've certainly grown more powerful since last I saw you." The girl smirked and said "I thought you seemed a bit weaker." I nodded and said "How about we have a talk and not try to electrocute each other." The girl smiled, amused. I wasn't sure what was so funny.

"If you remembered anything about me, I thought you'd remember that I wasn't one for idle chatter. Now listen up. They've already figured out the first two lines of a riddle they found. It was about how to defeat the Wither."