Chapter 7. Making Things Darker

"HEROBRINE? As if I don't have enough problems already!" Blaze wailed. Toxic just kind of stood there, looking confused. Ranger was running in circles, waving her hands in the air. Nobody knew what she was doing. Dave's eyes had grown as wide as dinner plates and he looked like he was going to hyperventilate.

Cloud just kind of sat there, not confused but she looked pretty stunned. Pro was acting much like Dave, except she actually was hyperventilating and was turning an interesting shade of sky blue. Coco was looking around frantically, as if a terrible creature would appear out of thin air. Mineral started screaming "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!"

Lizzy was the only one that retained most of her dignity. She looked panicked, but she was waiting for Steph to continue. Steph screamed "STOP IT!" Everybody shut up and turned to her. Pro was turning back to her normal color as Steph said "THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO LOSE OUR HEADS!" Ranger asked sarcastically "Oh, really? When would that be then? It seems to me that it would save Herobrine the trouble!"

Blaze nodded, agreeing. "What can we do against one of Herobrine's monsters?" Steph rolled her eyes, frustrated. "Did you not hear what I just said? I have a riddle that will help us defeat the creature if we solve it." Coco said "Well, go ahead and tell us!" Steph face palmed and said "I just did." Ranger said "I remember it. 'Beware the hidden Nether Star.' Hm. I wonder what that means?"

Cloud's eyes opened wide and said "The creature must be the Wither!" Ranger added "And a hidden Nether Star...a traitor allied with the Wither?" Coco nodded and said "That would seem to be the case. And what about 'Be true to who you really are.' That could mean anything!" Steph started turning beet red. All of them looked at her.

She mumbled "Um...well...you see...a while ago I could talk to Herobrine telepathically." She added hastily "But the communication link seemed to have shut down a long time ago." Ranger asked "Could that be what it means?" Blaze nodded and said "I'd bet my life that's the answer. Now the next one...'Iron, diamond, coal and gold.' That makes no sense! It's just the names of ores!"

Mineral suggested "Maybe the next line will shed some light on it. 'Watch out for all the cards that fold.' Any ideas?" Nobody said a word. The riddle made no sense.

Lizzy spoke up, breaking the suffocating silence. "That didn't shed light on anything. In any case, it made things darker."