Chapter 47. My Nose Hurts

Notch's head jerked up and he said "You must get to Herobrine's Fortress as soon as possible. Zero is fighting Herobrine alone." Wolf snorted and said "Why should we help him? He's on Herobrine's side."

Notch glanced at her. He said quietly "You of all people should know why." Wolf raised an eyebrow and asked "What are you referring to?" Notch floated to the ground and said "You honestly don't remember?"

Wolf rolled her eyes and replied "If I'm asking, that means I don't remember."

Notch said "You really don't remember that young boy? Tyton, I believe his name was. With the pure white mustang? The boy whose father you were too late to save?" Wolf's eyes dilated. She stuttered "B-But...how is that...if you know about that, then you know what I am."

Notch nodded and said "You are Wolfbrine. Herobrine's lost sister." Wolf did not respond. She simply lowered her head. Notch put a hand in her shoulder and said "Wolf. Look at me now."

Reluctantly, Wolf raised her head so she was at eye level with him. He said "Wolf, I've known you were Herobrine's sister for years. But I also know that you abandoned him when he attacked Tyton. You came to join this group, and you've not done anything blatantly wrong. You have nothing to fear from me."

Wolf nodded. She said "This could be the chance to finally put an end to my brother's reign of terror. I will not let it pass. Notch, as soon as those who are unconscious wake up and are prepared to fight, you need to teleport us to Herobrine's Fortress."

Ranger held up a hand and said "Hold up. I think you owe us an explanation." Dave nodded and said "You saved Zero when he was a kid? And his real name is Tyton?" Wolf nodded. "Herobrine had killed his father. Then he knocked out Zero. I arrived before he could finish the job and fought him off.

"After that, I've hated him. I never thought he'd attempt to kill somebody in cold blood. I told Tyton through a letter that it would be best for him to change his name and go far away. And he followed my advice. And now, it seems, history is repeating itself. But Zero has been trained well. I think he can stand alone against Herobrine until we get there and take over."

"Or until Mineral intervenes." Seto added. Wolf acknowledged that point.

Seto cleared his throat and said "Well, since we know this is Toxic in Mineral's skin, I might as well change it back so we don't get confused." He floated gently over to the supposed Toxic and reached out a hand. He closed his eyes.

"Toxic" began to glow. Seto's jaw clenched as he prepared to complete the spell.

A blinding flash of light from above them interrupted the transformation, causing "Toxic" to stay as Mineral.

Seto opened his eyes and looked up. A person who appeared to be Mineral was floating on a cloud of dark mist. Notch drew a diamond sword and held it out at the ready, in case "Mineral" attacked.

Laughter echoed all around them, sounding as if it came from all directions. "Notch and SetoSorcerer. My master commands me to exterminate you. You've interfered in his plans for the last time." And with that, she launched her attack.

Notch jumped out of the way of a lightning bolt. "Seto, we can't interfere in the prophecy." He shouted. Seto took it as a signal and created a portal, probably to the past where they originally came from. Notch turned to them and said "Listen. I don't have much time. I can't tell you how to defeat Herobrine, but I can help."

He handed Wolf a glowing yellow-gold dagger with an iron hilt. She felt the blade and said "Glowstone? A glowstone dagger?" Notch nodded and explained hurriedly "It is a channel for your power, as Herobrine's obsidian dagger is his channel. When the time comes, know your enemy."

He turned to Seto and yelled "Go!" Seto complied, running through the portal and into the world beyond. For a moment, the attacks died down, but then they started again, lightning raining down with full force, leaving enormous craters in the landscape.

"Follow us through the portal. You'll be transported to your own time, where you can continue your quest. No matter what, do NOT allow Mineral to follow! We won't be there when you arrive. Now get moving!"

Quickly, they gathered their supplies and injured friends and, one by one, managed to get through the portal. Notch followed last.

They were blinded by a flash of light, then they were in their own time. Ranger pulled out a pickaxe and smashed the side of the portal, breaking the balance and shutting it down.

Wolf breathed deeply. It was over. A painful moan brought them back to the present. They looked over to find Blaze finally waking up. Wolf was the first by her side, with Ranger and Dave following close behind.

Ranger asked "Blaze? Can you move?" Blaze looked up at her, screamed, and punched her in the face.

Staggering backwards, Ranger shouted "Ow! Why in the name of all things holy did you do that?"

Blaze gasped "Oh god! I'm so sorry, I thought you were..." But she was cut off as Ranger said "Ow...my nose..." Her voice was weird because she was holding her nose. Blaze had to hide a giggle.

Ranger scowled. "I guess that answers my question."

Wolf grinned and said "You ask too many anyway." Ranger glared daggers at her.

Dropping her hands from her face, she said "Well, either way, I'm glad to see you up and about, Blaze. We should check the others." A second later, a voice said "Yes. I think that's quite a good idea."

They looked over to see Pro standing, if a bit shakily, beside a tree. Ranger screeched "NO!" She ran over to Pro and grabbed her hand, and started dragging her away from the tree. "TREES ARE BAD. TAKE IT FROM ME."

Pro pulled her hand away, sending Ranger off balance. She slipped on a patch of mud and fell over, landing on her back with a muffled thud. Pro bit back a laugh.

"Why is it always me?" She muttered, trying and failing to get her breath back.