Chapter 48. Explosive Fun

"Well, I think it's best for us to set off. I, personally, don't want Zero-or Tyton, or whatever his name is-dead because we were lounging around here like this is the biannual Couch Potato Convention."

Wolf replied from her position, draped across a relatively flat rock, "Ranger, enjoy the rest while you can. Herobrine and Mineral won't be particularly easy to beat, especially if they're both fighting us at once. And it will be harder if Blaze isn't capable of fighting, as she is one of our magic users."

"Hey! I'm not an invalid, you know!" Blaze said indignantly. Wolf acknowledged her statement and added "I never said you were an invalid. I said you were an exhausted and half-dead magic user whose powers can go crazy when you're not in full control."

Blaze conceded the point, then nodded, saying "White flag. I give up."

"Two more minutes?" Pro asked. Eventually, after a bit of haggling, they agreed on four minutes of rest, then heading out immediately.

Four minutes can go by very fast, and in no time at all, they had their armor on, swords at the ready, and Blaze said "I can teleport us all to Herobrine's hideout."

Slowly, gently, waves of crimson-red fog swept out, engulfing everyone. After a few moments, it dissipated, revealing that the ground where they were standing was empty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Holy freaking Notch that's a huge castle." Wolf breathed.

(Look at the photo, please. Detailed description will be added later. XP)

A deep, resonant chuckling echoed around them, seeming to have no fixated point of origin. They spun around in circles like idiots, trying to pinpoint the creator of the voice, which was no doubt Herobrine himself.

Suddenly, everything went black.

When their vision cleared, they were in a small house, a four-room building, with no light at all. "Where the Nether are we?" Blaze murmured, glancing around to make sure nothing would jump out at them.

A sudden burst of light made them all jump. A hologram of Herobrine appeared near the top of the staircase, and it spoke with a robotic booming voice.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to an explosively fun game of my own invention, called "Find Your Way Out Of That House!"

Wolf raised an eyebrow. "Very original, Hero. I do wonder how you came up with that name."

The Herobrine hologram laughed and said "Well, this has a twist on it! The prize is...your lives." Ranger's brow furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?" She asked, her voice shaking slightly. Herobrine slid down the staircase railing and said "You see, I've decided to have some fun with this before the real game begins."

"Of course, my close friend, Mineral, has other plans, and Zero has already sealed his own fate, but they won't be back for a while, so I thought, why not have some fun? Raise the stakes a little?"

Herobrine glanced at each of them in turn. "The object of the game is to escape the house. Not so hard, right?"

Hesitantly, they made negative gestures. Herobrine grinned and exclaimed "And that is where you are wrong, contestants!" They looked at him expectantly, a worried expression on each of their faces.

"I failed to mention earlier that, if you fail to escape the house within twenty-four hours, this whole building will be blown sky-high with a special TNT contraption I created."

They stared at him, eyes wide, trying to decipher the meaning.

Herobrine groaned frustratedly and elaborated "Get out of the house by midnight or you get blown up. Clear? Good. Timer starts...now!"

And the hologram vanished, leaving the trapped contestants alone, in a dark house, rigged to blow at midnight exactly.