Chapter 50. Deep Inside Your Heart

"We're never going to get out of this god-darned house!" Ranger shouted.

     Steph glanced up at her and replied "For once, I agree. I think it might be easier just to get blown up. Maybe this was all a trick. Maybe this house doesn't have a way out."

       Toxic closed her eyes and lowered her head, saying "Maybe you're right. But we have to try. We can't give up without a fight." Wolf turned dull eyes on her and said softly "What choice do we have? We'll die either way."

   Suddenly, the ceiling of the house exploded, a gaping hole blasted through the top, and the rim in flames. Immediately, all eyes turned to Blaze, and there she was, hand extended.

She said "That was surprisingly simple. Come on, we can get out now!"

      And she began to fly through the hole in the roof. At the last moment, Ranger saw a flicker of movement, and started to shout a warning. Too late.

   Mineral slammed into Blaze just as she cleared the hole, sending her slamming into the floor of the house. Bleeding from several cuts, Blaze weakly lifted her head, and saw Mineral walking toward her, a dagger in hand.

       Mineral smirked and held the dagger to her neck. "Oh, Blaze. Always trying to take the easy way out. Oh well, you know what happens to cheaters, don't you?" She asked, an aura of calm wickedness surrounding her. Blaze stayed silent, glaring death itself at her.

   Mineral grinned viciously and said "Of course you know." And she raised the dagger, preparing to plunge it into Blaze's neck.

"Stop."

       The one word that was uttered made Mineral drop the dagger and step away. And, through the hole on the ceiling came none other than Herobrine. He glared at Mineral and she bowed her head, stepping back. "Master." She said, addressing him.

     Herobrine nodded curtly and turned his gaze upon Blaze, who was attempting to stand up. He held out a hand for her to take, and she froze, staying still, glaring at him.

   He said "Come with me. Join my side again, and you can become the most powerful Commander this world has ever seen! With my strength and your power, we can take over all the dimensions. All this trouble will go away."

      Blaze glared more heatedly at him and growled "Go to heck." Herobrine closed his eyes and smiled. He pulled his hand back and said "I thought you might need some more persuading."

   Blaze replied coldly "Any offer you make I will decline. I won't join you, not again, and you can't make me."

       Herobrine opened his eyes and said "What if I got you the thing you want most in the world?" Blaze's eyes widened, then she said "What do you mean? I want nothing. Everything I could ever want is right beside me. Friends."

   But Herobrine shook his head. "Look deep within yourself and you will find you have a hidden desire. One you have forgotten. But you will remember."

      Now, Blaze looked at him with confusion in her eyes. "What do you mean?" She asked, warily now. Somehow, she sensed that Herobrine wasn't lying. She really did have a hidden desire, but she didn't know it.

Herobrine grinned. "I can give you your heart."