Chapter 21. Flashlight Eyes

"Coco, I have your mission ready." Blaze said. Coco replied angrily "And what would that be?" Blaze answered "Are you up for betraying Herobrine?"

Coco's eyes widened and she said "Heck yeah!" Blaze dropped her gaze and said "Coco...I'm sorry. I understand that what I did will never be forgiven, but I refuse to help Herobrine anymore." Coco nodded and said "So, when will this happen?" Blaze thought for a moment.

"It can't be any time soon. For this to be a surprise, Herobrine can't know that his plans have changed." Coco grinned and asked "What prompted you to change?" Blaze replied "It was partly because he was annoying me. It was mostly because I realized that he could never replace my friends."

"It's a good thing to remember." Coco said. She knew Blaze wasn't telling the whole truth. There was another reason why she was doing this. But it wasn't the time to ask. Coco asked "Then what will I do in the meantime? Herobrine has to think you gave me a mission."

Blaze groaned. She had forgotten that part. Coco suggested "Why not send me to the End?" Blaze nodded slowly, then said "And what will you do there?" Coco opened her mouth to answer, then realized she had nothing.

"How about you go and collect the Ender Crystals? That's classified as important. It could help anybody regenerate health." Coco gasped. Blaze asked "What is it?"

"I know how you can regain their trust." Coco breathed. Blaze looked confused. Coco explained "You said anybody could regain health. Even the dead." Blaze's eyes widened as she realized what Coco meant. "If it regains their trust, I would travel across the world."

Coco said "I know where they buried Lizzy. And you know where Cloud is." Blaze smiled as she remembered Cloud and Lizzy. Then she cringed as she wondered how she could possibly have killed them.

Coco looked at her strangely. "Wait...just...a darn second. I know why you killed them." Blaze nodded and said "Go on!" Coco replied "Herobrine had me working on a potion that stripped its drinker of his or her humanity. I assumed it was for the Wither, but now I think he used it on you."

Blaze stood there, frozen. It was true; the way she had acted before was completely different from how she was acting now. Could it be possible that Herobrine had secretly given her a potion to get this result? If he did, I want to deal with him personally." She growled. Her eyes glowed dangerous red.

Coco stepped back and said "Revenge isn't the best idea. I thought you'd established that?" The light vanished from Blaze's eyes. She sighed "Sorry. I have a temper, alright? And I'm fed up with Herobrine." Coco replied "I think we all are."

Blaze said "So it's agreed? No more working for annoying Briney?" Coco raised an eyebrow, but said "Yep. And that's an interesting nickname." Blaze grinned.

"I only use it because it makes him mad when I do." Coco said "Well, remind me to use it when I see him next." Blaze replied "Don't worry. I'm sure I'll manage. But you might want to hurry if you want to talk to him."

Her eyes glowed the faintest red. Coco raised up her hands in placating gesture and said "Please, if you want to punch him a few times, be my guest. I have no plans to stop you."