Chapter 66. Cries for Help

"Now, if we're done with all that, how about we get back to the epic battle between good and evil?" Herobrine said. Ranger glanced to Wolf, who ignited a lightning bolt in her palm with a grin and held the glowstone dagger at her side.

Ranger followed suit, unsheathing her sword and holding it out in front of her with both hands. Blaze and Scarlett both summoned firebolts. Dave grabbed his sword, and Pro already had a bow already loaded with an arrow. Steph readied her twin daggers.

Toxic glanced once at Herobrine before shadows curled up around her arms, solidifying into sharp spikes within seconds. She shifted her stance, not taking her eyes off the Brine.

"Ready when you are." Wolf challenged, grin not wavering a bit.

Herobrine's eyes narrowed. For a few moments, there was silence as both sides sized each other up, analyzing weapons and deciding strategies before the battle started.

Then all heck broke loose.

Lightning bolts rained down on them, and they dodged with relative ease, having to jump over massive craters. Ranger charged her blade with Ender Energy before running at Herobrine.

Bad idea. Herobrine caught the edge of the sword with his dagger, then used his free hand to shoot a bolt of lightning at her. Still holding onto her sword, Ranger flipped over the bolt, landing in a defensive crouch.

Now it was Wolf's turn. Teleporting behind Herobrine, she swung the dagger at his head. Sensing her attack, he somersaulted forward and as soon as he came up, three iron daggers were flying.

Wolf swiped the first dagger to the side, jumped over the next, barely clearing the distance, and finally caught the third, melting it before jumping back into the battle.

Blaze launched two firebolts at him in quick succession, both of which he slipped past before sending a shockwave at her. Blaze created a fire shield and managed to keep it held up as the barrage of wind almost knocked her off the island.

Pro launched an arrow at Herobrine's head, but he simply swiped it out of the air before jumping and swinging his sword down in a savage downstroke that would have cut her in half.

She jumped out of the way, landing beside Blaze, who had released the shield and was trying to figure out a way to distract him. "How in the world is this going to end?" She breathed.

Toxic sent five shadow spikes at him. Herobrine stood rock-still as they flew at him before jumping straight in the air. The spikes followed his ascent, and he dropped down on them, his fist glowing white as he smashed into them one by one.

Steph threw the first of her two daggers as soon as Herobrine landed, and it caught his shoulder. He let out a sharp cry of pain, and looked at the dagger lodged in his arm before pulling it out with a swift yank.

Scarlett sent two massive firebolts at him, and he couldn't conjure a shield fast enough. He went swept backward by the sheer force of it, and when the fire vanished, he lay on the ground.

Quickly pushing himself to his feet, he grinned. "You're more of a challenge than I thought you'd be." He commented, twirling the dagger nonchalantly. Scarlett raised an eyebrow.

Blaze gave him the infamous 'I-know-something-you-don't-know' look. Ranger looked at something above Herobrine, then said "Hm. Good strategy. If it worked once, it might work again."

Then, Herobrine seemed to remember something. "Blaze, where's your father? Run away from the battle, did he? He's nothing but a coward." He spat.

"Ah, perhaps. But fearing combat does not make one a coward. If he is a normal coward, then you are the worst kind of coward. The kind that does not even admit his lack of courage to himself, the kind who deceives himself and others into thinking he has courage when in fact he has none. " Scarlett replied.

Herobrine sensed Jason a moment before the Blaze King knocked him clear out of the air.

Wolf and Toxic ran to King Jason, helping to hold down a very enraged Herobrine. Blaze turned to Scarlett and grinned, saying "That was a really great quote. Where'd you get it?"

Scarlett replied "My brain." before tapping her head lightly. "I've been saving that one for a while." Quickly switching back to battle mode, they moved to stand beside Wolf, Toxic and King Jason.

"What now?" Ranger asked, and Wolf replied "I'm not sure. I vote we use Pro's plan and throw him into the Void." Steph nodded solemnly and said "It's the only way to get rid of him permanently."

"STEPH!" Herobrine shouted. She turned slightly to face him. "What, Flashlight Eyes?" She said. Herobrine stopped struggling against Wolf and Toxic and replied "I need to talk to you. Privately."

Wolf shook her head. "Steph, it's a bad idea." Steph wasn't listening. She nodded and said "Very well. But, if you so much as lift a finger without my permission, I'll throw you in the Void myself."

Herobrine grinned and walked to the side, Steph following a few steps behind. When they were out of earshot of the others, Herobrine turned to her and said "How could you turn against me like that?"

"You're a villain now." Steph replied simply. "You're not the Herobrine I knew before."

Herobrine frowned. "Was I so different before?" He asked. "What is different about me now?" Steph stayed silent for a moment, then replied "You are a murderer."

Slowly, the look in his eyes turned demonic. "I've always been a murderer, Steph. Did you somehow forget?" He murmured, and Steph moved back a pace before replying "No, but you were different before."

"I know." He said. "And that difference has turned my sister against me, and will soon be the cause of my banishment. I embrace that difference. Why can't you?"

Steph seemed to have noticed a change in his demeanor, as she stepped back again. "I'm warning you, Herobrine, you're unarmed and I have friends waiting just over the hill."

"Yes, but you forget, I have magic." The obsidian dagger appeared in his hand. "And, consequentially, they are too far away to hear you...and your cries for help."

"You get anywhere near me with that knife and I'll throw you into the Void." Steph growled, but her voice betrayed her by shaking slightly. Herobrine chuckled darkly.

Suddenly, he was right beside her, holding the dagger to her throat. "I will enjoy seeing you try."