Chapter 28. Walking Dictionary

"I'm hungry." Mineral said. Toxic reached into her inventory, but found no food. Ranger did the same, with the same result. Soon everybody was checking for food. Steph said "Did anybody remember to bring food?" Dave replied "If anybody had food we would have said so. What now? We're going to starve, if Herobrine or Blaze don't get us first!"

Toxic nodded. They had almost forgotten about Blaze. Then her thoughts were transported to Coco. Pro said "I feel bad for Coco. I wonder how helpless she feels right now. This is all Blaze's fault!" Ranger, surprisingly, stayed silent. It was Mineral who answered.

"There isn't much we can do about it. But we can't lose hope. Maybe Coco will escape, and come looking for us." Toxic nodded and replied "Coco is our only hope now." Then Dave shot to his feet. Startled, they looked at him, a question on their lips.

Dave didn't explain anything. He ran out of the cave. Ranger, Toxic, and Mineral followed him. Toxic shouted "What are you doing?" Mineral yelled "You're going to be killed!" Ranger, suddenly, remembered she could teleport. She grabbed Toxic and Mineral and closed her eyes.

Suddenly they were in front of Dave. Toxic reached out and grabbed his arm. Mineral stood in front of him while Ranger stood a little ways away, gathering up energy before coming to stand over by Dave. "What the Nether are you doing?" Toxic exclaimed.

"What's it look like? He has an idea. Let go of him." Ranger said. Toxic looked surprised, but let go of Dave's arm. Dave took off running again. Ranger sighed and said "I guess we have to follow him again." And the three continued running after Dave.

This went on for a few minutes until Dave stumbled upon a Ghast. Mineral drew her sword, as did Toxic and Ranger. But Dave gestured for them to put their swords away. Confused, they did as he said. Then Dave moved towards the Nether Portal, dodging fireballs.

Fireballs! Ranger said "He plans to use the Ghast's fireballs to re-light the Nether portal!" Toxic realized this and ran over to lend him a hand. Mineral and Ranger followed close behind. Soon, the four were leading the Ghast across the Nether. After a few minutes, the portal was in sight.

"Stand by the portal!" Dave said. They grouped together by the portal to attract the Ghast's fire. They saw the Ghast's eyes glow bright red and they knew it was coming. The mouth opened and an enormous ball of fire spewed out.

Dave said "On three, we jump!" Ranger saw the blast coming closer with every millisecond, then Dave said "Three!" Ranger didn't have time to think. The four friends jumped out of the way just in time. The fireball whizzed past them, smashing into the Nether portal.

The purple film appeared. Toxic was about to congratulate Dave when she realized they had a Ghast to fight. Drawing her sword, Mineral shouted a challenge to the Ghast. Bad idea. The Ghast had a fireball on its way before it could see her.

Mineral took the full impact of the fireball. Flying back several blocks, she smashed into the side of a cliff. She was rendered unconscious by the force of it. Toxic couldn't move. Couldn't think. Ranger was much the same. Dave was just staring. Then a rage came over Toxic that none had seen before.

She began to glow silver.

Ranger was surprised. "Well, I guess I'm not the only half-mob." She breathed. Dave backed away when Toxic growled. And by growl, I don't mean growl as in a forceful and grating tone of voice. I mean growl as in like a wolf's growl.

By now, the others had gathered around. Steph seemed to understand what was happening. "She's part wolf." She said. Ranger panicked. "YOU MEAN SHE'S A WEREWOLF? TOXIC IS A WEREWOLF?!" She screamed.

"No, not a werewolf. More like a wolf hybrid." Steph corrected. Ranger spread her arms wide in exasperation. "What's the difference?!" She asked incredulously. Steph answered "A werewolf is a person who transforms into a wolf-like creature on the full moon. A wolf hybrid is a person who gains wolf-like qualities when experiencing extreme emotions."

Ranger blinked. "You're a walking dictionary, aren't you?"