(56)Lewis Hamilton

She sat at the side of the pits waiting for her work experience to be a F1 mechanic. Her father Toto Wolff said that she could come to mercedes to learn, he pulled some strings to allow her to be here so y/n had to be in her best behaviour.

"Are you ready?" Toto asked as he walked over "more than ever" the young women smiled her (Y/H/C) hair blowing in the breeze but it still managed to land perfectly in place everytime "good now come meet the mechanics" he said face stone cold as always.

"This is my daughter" he started introducing her to the mechanics "hello miss wolff" one of them said and she smiled "you can call me y/n" she assured, holding out her hand for it to be met with Peter Bonnington's. Chief mechanic of mercedes "I'll show you the ropes and we'll have a few practice runs before we bring in Lewis who will take a practice pit for you" he informed and she nodded.

"well your cute" a friendly male voice said and the girl turned to see non other than Lewis Hamilton himself "who is this Pete?" He asked while holding out his hand "Toto Wolffs daughter y/n" he told Lewis and his smiled wavered "oh nice to meet you im-" he started "Lewis Hamilton don't worry I know" she interrupted and turned back to the car.

"So when the car stops" he gestured towards the car "use this" she took the equipment and pointed it at the tires "and push onto the car" he said while he gestured it with his own tools she done the same "and quickly take out the bolts" he said and done it in seconds. Y/n tried to copy but she missed two of the bolts "sorry I thought I had it" she said apologetically and Peter shook his head "let me show you" Lewis smiled and kneeled down next to her taking the wheel gun.

He put her hands under his and held it straight "see this line" he said pointing to the out line "this is where I stop, I'll stop roughly here" he said gesturing to the position "now what you do is keep you finger on this bit" he said while moving her finger "and your hands towards the car, after you here it connect you click it fast" he said and clicked the button as soon as a click was heard against the metal

"Thank you" she smiled "alright, again" Peter smiled at the two while he set the two wheels back up.

______________

30 minutes later she was still working on different parts of the car.

Lewis then had to get in his car and take a test for it. As he drove in and hit breaker at the line she pushed the wheel gun onto the car but dropped it before she could push the button.

Throughout the day she tried and tried but she couldn't get the hang of it as the car was moving "Peter I can't do it" she sighed while she sat down deflated by the fact she hasn't go it right "you can, it takes alot of practice even for trained mechanics, were much more efficiently and swift when dealing with cars" I nodded and got back up "hey y/n" Lewis said through the radio "next three, you'll get it, I know you will" he smiled and drove off after Peter out the tires back on.

The first one she held the gun but missed a couple nuts. But she was quick and steady that was the main thing.

The second time she managed to take the nuts out of the tires but failed at putting them back in, she shook her head but Lewis gave her a thumbs up, so, she picked herself up once more and held the wheel gun ready "ready y/n?" Lewis asked and she smiled "yeah, ready"  and so Lewis sped into the pit lane, y/n waited for him to break and as soon as he did, she prest the wheel gun against the nuts, pressing the button and replacing the nuts afterwards. She cheered as Lewis sped back out of the out lane "well done! See I told you, you could do it!" Peter cheered with her "I told you y/n, next three" he smiled "next three" she mumbled back with a grin on her face.

"Try again tomorrow" Peter said while patting her shoulder

                        Word count 756