PT3 LEWIS HAMILTON

It was race day... The first race day since you had passed away. Max was honouring your position, taking your car and points hoping to win for you.

Lewis was in his car at the starting line ready to go. To say he still felt guilty in it was an understatement, he couldn't get the image of your car flipping out of his head, he replayed the scene over and over until tears pricked the side of his eyes and he shook as much of the feeling off as he could.

Max wasn't over your death and this race meant so much to him, he was nervous, panicked and impatient. He sat in his car Infront of Lewis and imagined her Infront of himself.

Just follow your lead and I'll win for you

He took a deep breath and before he knew it the words rung in his ear "it's lights out and away we go!"

The crowd watched intensely as the two drivers where wheel to wheel. They're hearts practically beating in there throat and there palms were sweating.

As the race went on both drivers where getting frustrated, max took one lap and Lewis took the next. There was no telling who would win this one. "Slow down Max" his team said to him through the ear piece "I know" he said bluntly and slowed down gradually.

"Lewis it's hammer time" Lewis didn't even bat an eye at this as he heard what was said, usually he would be beaming with pride and cocky energy but there was nothing. Was it really right for him to take this win? After all if he hadn't crashed her out she would have one last time. "Lewis your slowing down. Is it an engine problem?" They asked and he refused to answer.
How. Could he possibly make any of this better? He killed her and that's the bottom line.
He killed the person he was with for 6 months wether he liked her or not, he spent everyday with her on most occasions but yet he had to audacity to take her life away because of some stupid race!?

Lewis shook his head as he turned the corner and sped up "last lap" he muttered and sped up more and more "Lewis too fast" they sighed and he refused to listen again. He slowed down eventually and took the turn, making it perfectly he kept his momentum up.

As for seb, he watched from his hotel room Tele as he was in no condition to race still. He was praying for max to win. In honour of y/n that's what he deserves, he's been through and is still going through the worst time, still not sleeping or eating properly. Not washing properly and has panic attacks fairly often. He deserved some justice for her, it's not much but it's something.

"FOR THE 8TH CHAMPIONSHIP LEWIS HAMILTON!" Rung through the track and everyone stared in shock.

Max had already driven back to the pits, they where wheel to wheel and Lewis just had to push a bit further than him.

"AGH!" Max shouted as he was in his motorhome and hit something

Welcome max! You tried your best! He looked around but never saw you "y/n?" He asked and kept looking I'm proud of you no matter what! You done well! "Y/n!?" He called again with tears in his eyes. He walked back against the wall and slid down with his hands on his head

"Stop doing this to me" he muttered and stared forward awe but max! You done so well I was rooting for you! Don't tell me to go away! "I didn't... I want you here! Your not here! So stop fucking talking to me as if you are! Just come back!" He shouted and sobbed for awhile.

Short time skip

Max headed up to the podium for his 2nd place reward. Lewis was already standing up on his not even smiling for once.

He was handed his award, lando stood next to him about to his his bottle "hold on" Lewis spoke and max looked over as lando froze.

"This win... Was for y/n!" He said and held it up. Max's eyes widened "and I don't say that for the applause... This is truly for y/n, she was an excellent driver and I took that away from her. See, I spun her out purposefully and it ended up killing her. I hate that it ended up the way it did.. she would have one this race of she had been here, so please" he said and turned to max "please. Y/n already won" he said and took Max's 2nd place out of his hand and replaced it with his own.

"he looked toward the stewards for confirmation and they nodded as they knew she deserved it and had already one the race.

"Max... Can you do the honours" Lewis smiled softly and max nodded holding up the trophy ""Y/N L/N 1ST CHAMPIONSHIP WIN!' he called and lando the hit the bottle on the ground and everyone clapped

I'm so proud of you both you thought as you watched the two males hug

"Thank you, Lewis" he nodded, max finally let go of the grudge a couple days ago and now he could

The applause echoed throughout the area and whistles where heard for miles. Y/n one her first championship and max was sure as hell gonna let everyone know for years to come

Every win... I dedicate to you little sister

Every win I dedicate to you y/n Lewis and max both though