(59)Charles leclerc

He walked with his bestfriend y/n down paddock talking about all the small things as he took him all her features again... He hadn't seen her in 2 months, so she surprised him by coming to his race.

She was; pretty short, (y/h/c) hair, (y/e/c) eyes and (s/t) skin (skin tone). Her smile lit up like fireworks and he couldn't keep her eyes off of her. Anyone would say he had feelings for her. But he couldn't... Could he?

The cameras started flashing and she hid her face in his chest frightendly, so he took his cap off his head, put it on hers and kept his hand covering the side of her face "you okay y/n?" He asked while they stood still trying to wave the cameras away with his hand "yeah Charles I just want out of this place I hate the camera people" she breathed heavily and so he rushed her to the hotel that was not far from the paddock .

"Thank you Charles" she breathed shakily as they stopped outside of her hotel room "your more than welcome y/n, I'm sorry that happened" he frowned and peered down at her, she looked up with her shining (y/e/c) eyes "it's okay... I should of expected it... It's not your fault" he took a deep breath "from now on you can wear my cap around the paddock?" He requested and took it back off his head "yeah..." She smiled "that would be nice."
Her smile hit him like a truck, his face heated up, his mind went blank and his body was getting a little limp while he felt a little dizzy.

"Y-yeah!" He stuttered while placing a hand on his heart "woah.." he mumbled "Charles? Are you okay?" She asked concerned and took a step towards him "n-no, yeah I'm good thanks, I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked and then left before she could answer.

________________

The same night Charles laid awake, all windows opened and he stared at the ceiling thinking of her and only her.. 

Her smile, her laugh, her voice, the way her hair moves in the wind and how it falls perfectly in place, how she moves the Strands out of her face when she talks to him, or when lightly knocks him on the shoulder when she's proud of him instead of a fist bump... Oh he could never forget the way she ran up to him when he was on the podium, how she was always placed at the front of the team incase she got hurt in the middle of the chaos, how she'd always take the headset if he got into a crash and asked if he was okay 1000x before she calmed down and she was ALWAYS the first to congratulate him on his wins...

He had enough of the thinking and got up to go find his teammate..

He trailed down the hallway in his sweatpants and round the corner chapping roughly on the door.

No answer.

So he chapped again but harder.

"Charles it's 2 in the morning!" Carlos groaned while opening the door "I can't sleep" charles said desperately "and why is that?" Carlos asked curiously while letting his frantic friend inside his room.

"She keeps creeping up in my head!" Charles almost yelled while Carlos rubbed his eyes lazily "who? And why? What about her?"Charles ran his hands through his hair "y/n... Everything about her... It's jus- I can't stop thin- she's just in my head man" he sighed "do you know why?" Carlos asked with a smug smile.

Charles didn't even guess "no I have no idea" he sighed and Carlos laughed "tell me about her" he said simply and Charles smiled from ear to ear.

"Awh she's this girl and her hair is jus- oh and her eyes! They shine so much in the sun and her hair falls perfectly without her trying even when it's windy! How she moves the Strands from her face when she's talking to me... Or when her nose crinkles when she laughs.." he started and Carlos sat down "oh and her voice when she's excited and then she'll hug me when I get a podium but she doesn't just hug, her head rests against my chest, her arms wrap around me so there's no distance between us! And... And she's just... Perfect" he finished off Carlos chuckled to himself..

"You like her.. don't you?" He smiled while looking at his fellow teammate "i- I" Charles started.

He sprung up and looked in Carlos's eyes "n-no I d-dont! She's my bestfriend! I cant like her" he spoke frantically "but you do Charles and the sooner you tell her, the better" he countered

"I don't want to ruin what we have.." he frowned looking at the ground

"And you won't IF you tell her.. you have to take a chance" Carlos told him

"I can't.." Charles said deflated by the lack of confidence

"What reason do I have to tell her?" He asked

"You like her... That's plenty reason enough"

And so Charles went to confess, after his teammate convinced him it would be the best decision of his life... And he was dead right