one last race? (Charles)

Earlier
"I'm sorry y/n... It has gotten worse" the lady spoke Infront of her and y/n nodded standing up.

"Thank you... For your time" the h/c haired girl smiled and walked out of the room and down the steps.

How on earth was she going to tell him?

Now

Y/n sat in the chair of the car she had been driving, being sat here for an hour... Yet she hasn't made any effort to get out of the car park.

She sat in the car and stared ahead, not to anything in particular but mostly the journey she had ahead of her, or the lack of journey she had ahead.

She shook her head as tears fell from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks without her even realising.

*Buzz buzz*

Her breath hitched and she looked towards the phone on the dashboard "Charles..." She mumbled and picked it up, wiping her tears with her left and clearing her throat.

"Hey babe! Just wanted to let you know I have race weekend next weekend! I'm going to be busy busy can you make it? I'd love for you to be there your my goodluck charm!" He beamed through the phone and she could just see the smile radiating off of him.

"Yeah... Yeah I'll do my best, I'll try" she nodded trying to hold back the tears and sobs that lingered within her.

"Awh your the best thank you so much!" He called "I love you, I love you, I love you!" She chuckled and Charles made kissing noises over the phone before hanging up.

Y/n would then place the phone down roughly and slam her head onto the steering wheel before sobbing loudly.

She shook her head and cried out thinking of all the moments and people she's going to miss, how she wouldn't get to have a family with Charles and she wouldn't be his last.

*Knock knock*

She heard and looked beside her to see Mick.
She sighed and didn't bother wiping her tears away "y/n?" He asked as she rolled down the window
"Hey Mick" she smiled fakely and looked ahead
"What's happened?" He asked and leaned on the car with his head slightly peering into the window.

"Nothing important" she reassured and he shook his head "as in you and Charles had your first arguement or its important but you don't wajr people to know?" He asked and walked around to the passenger side.

"Second option" she said simply and looked over to him
Mick sat down in the passenger side and nodded
"Okay so. What's wrong?" He asked and she shook her head
"I don't want to talk about it" she sighed and he laughed slightly
"But I want to hear about it so your going to talk." He said and partly turned to see her.

"You can't tell Charles" she breathed and he nodded, making a cross motion with his finger over his heart

"I uhm... Have cancer" she said and instantly looked away
"You... Your joking? Right?" He asked in shock hoping she was playing a sick game..

"No... Uhm I only have a few weeks at most" she said before coughing and bringing up a sick bowl to her face to spit out the flem.

"Oh y/n... I am so sorry..." He frowned and held her hair back
"It's fine... It happens... Its life" she said trying to convince herself.
"You have to tell Charles... Or he'll never forgive you" he mumbled and she nodded.

Weeks later

Y/n had tried on multiple occasions to tell Charles what she was going through but she had never deemed it to be the right time, she was getting sicker by the day but he wasn't around to witness it.

She would refuse to call him or face time if she was too ill to do so, she got so bad she was moved to hospital, they recon she only has a few days left.

"Hey..." She smiled on the other end of the phone talking to her beloved.
"Where are you, your not at your house" he asked worriedly as he was supposed to surprise her.
Y/n was caught of guard and stuttered "i-im at hospital... Please come... I don't have long" she said as her breathing had become irregular the night before.
She was having trouble swallowing foods and drinks, she always felt tired and she was basically skin and bone.

"I'm on my way my love" he said and quickly hung up the phone.

On his arrival

He rushed into the reception frantically and asked to see her, the nurses warned him she didn't have long because of her cancer which created questions inside of his head he was sure to ask.

He rushed down the corridor briskly and walked straight into the room his girlfriend was in.

His heart dropped at the sight of her frail body, she was pale, skinnier, thinner... She breathed irregularly and she had a plate full of food that looked cold.

"Y/n... Why didn't you tell me" he mumbled and walked over instantly taking her hand into his.

The breakable girl held his hand back, her eyes opening and closing constantly "I wanted... To ignore it, I just wanted to live" she mumbled tiredly and looked at him with a smile.

"Why... I don't want you to go yet, I want you to come to all my races, take you on our dates and holidays, I want kids with you... Y/n please I want to marry you I can't do that if your not here... I need you here" he rushed and she smiled

"In another life... Love" she smiled peacefully and layed her head back.

"Just one more race? One more please! Just give me something... Anything I need more time with you!" He cried out and squeezed her hand trying to keep her awake

"Please y/n... Please..." He begged and she shook her head "I love you..." She smiled as her eyes slowly fluttered shut into her deep sleep.

Charles sat in shock and disbelief as he felt her hand grow limp, no she wasn't dead yet... But she wouldn't open her eyes again... When she does she would wake up in heaven...

"Just one more race" he whispered and placed his forehead down on her hand "one more race..." He repeated.