REQUEST PT 2 (38 ) Lewis Hamilton

Trigger warning- suicide mention and self harm.. if any of these make you uncomfortable then please don't read the oneshot...

4 weeks later

You layed still unconscious on the hospital bed as max sat next to you holding your hand. After your parents passed away he was the only one who treated you like family..

Instead of going to holiday parties such as christmas and Halloween, he'd invite you over and yous would have a nice chilled movie day this didn't just include movies.

This included; food fights, pillow fight, riding on mattresses downstairs, burning cakes while trying to bake, flour fights, water fights, goofy live videos, sleep overs and then movies.

Max breathed a shaky breath trying to keep his emotions in a box so he doesn't break down beside you, you looked terrible. You had burns over your face, body, you had cuts from where the metal of the car cut through you overalls, you had bruises all the way up your legs and arms, broken ribs and nobody knew if you'd make it... Nobody knew if you'd ever race again.

"Can you stand out for her check up" a nurse said while entering the room with a folder and equipment.

Max didn't speak. He just stood up, hesitantly let go of your hand and went to see seb.

His posture had worsened, he was sleep deprived, rarely are, hasn't washed, he walked with his shoulders slumped down, head looking forward as he stared Infront aimlessly. He was lost in the abyss of his negative thoughts, what if's, will she's and won't she's ran around his head chasing after answers he just couldn't grasp.

He looked through the window of sebs room. Atleast he was awake now... He woke up last night but max couldn't bare to leave your side.

"Hey" seb mumbled and looked at the distraught Dutch driver.

Max stared absent mindedly at the ground, not really paying attention to the world around him.

"Max... Sorry I couldn't get there sooner" these 7 words somehow snapped max out of his daze

"Your the reason she's still fighting..." Max mumbled "you could have drove away..." He added and stared at the ground "thank you" the red bull driver choked and placed his hands over his eyes to try stop seeing the scene over and over in her head.

"What's on your mind?" Seb asked and max shook his head.

"I... Shoul..." Max shook his head again and sighed as he couldn't find the words he was looking for.

"Take your time..." Seb smiled and closed his eyes as he layed on the bed "I don't know... If she... If she's going to recover" seb took a moment until he opened his eyes again they showed a hint of fear. Of course he didn't know of anything...

"She... She's not awake?" Seb asked a frown spread across his lips and his gaze searched for answers withing the Dutch drivers eyes.

"No... It's been four weeks... And she hasn't woken, moved or showed any signs of improvement and recover" seb looked Infront of himself and stared for a moment as the words spoken hadn't made sense in his head.

"Lewis... Made a big mistake..." Seb sighed and max shook his head "it wasn't a mistake it was purposeful" seb looked back over for the umpteenth time waiting on an answer to his unspoken question.

Max understood this and kept talking with a shaky voice "they had been.. dating for... Dating for 6 months..." He sighed and continued on "she.. well he split with her before the race and said it was a game... And that... And that he just wanted to win..." Seb nodded and waited for max to collect himself to continue.