*REQUESTED* Max

Y/n had started racing for Merc when she was 19 she races side by side with non other than sir Lewis Hamilton himself.

Before her contract with Merc she and max free up as bestfriend's they had always been close, inseparable infact.
Y/n was a year younger than the man but that didn't stop them from doing everything together.

They use to go on late night drives to beaches, watch the sun set and the sun rise in the summer.
Make hot chocolates and huddle up on the couch in the winter throwing marshmallows at eachother as they watch a film.

The adventures they had were untouchable but now they had been pretty distant. Not because they fell out or didn't get along anymore but because of the seperate teams especially the whole Merc Vs redbull vendetta.

"What's your opinion on the redbull driver max verstappen? He seems pretty violent and out of control do you agree on this matter?" The press asked as she was walking down paddock with her puppy German shepherd by her side.

"I think it's unfair to say he's out of control. Max gets emotional yes but he's not violent and he wouldn't dream of hurting people around him, if you out yourself in his shoes with all do respect I think most of you would react much worse to the people winding him up such as yourselves" she said simply and looked up as a cap was thrown to her.

She quickly caught it and a pen was also thrown down "can you sign it?!" The little girls parent asked and y/n nodded with a smile she had quickly signed the had with her signature before throwing it back up to her parent.

"Thank you!" The little girl beamed and she waved her off kindly "your welcome!" Y/n beamed back and walked towards her motorhome.

Before she got changed she had put a dish in the motorhome for her dog d/n (dog name) so he wouldn't overheat or get dehydrated.
She then put on her Merc cap and headed back out to sign things and take pictures with some fans before she had to get ready.

"Y/n" Lewis smiled and walked over "you excited?" He asked and she nodded "of course I am.. I'm nervous too" she admitted and looked to see Max staring at her.

Y/n offered a small smile and waved, max gave a quick wave and turned around "go talk to him, you both barely have the time" Lewis requested "I have to go see the fa-" the Brit shook his head and carted his teammate over to the redbull driver and tapped his shoulder.

"You two talk me and Perez can deal with fans for 10 minutes" he demanded and Perez nodded as they both walked off y/n and max stood awkwardly next to eachother.

"How are you?" He asked oddly and she nodded "I'm okay how are you?"

"Missing your dumb face" he admitted and shrugged
"Oh wow how nice, I was thinking the same thing" she nodded and max shook his head.

"Seriously tho, we have to hang out I get were in the worst teams to be friends but who cares?" He smiled and she nodded

"About time you stopped caring what people think" she smirked and started walking away "tonight 8pm at the beach!" She called and rushed away to Lewis.

As she reached Lewis she embraced him into a tight hug "thank you!" She beamed and he hugged her with one arm "your welcome. Now help me out" he chuckled as the line of fans grew longer by the minute.

"Of course" she chuckled and started signing things and taking pictures.

After the race

After the race max was really annoyed that Charles accidentally spun him out.
He swatted his hand away after he tried to apologize and stormed off to his motorhome.

Y/n shook her head as she watched him walk away from Charles "so much for sportsmanship" Charles mumbled and the girl shook her head
"Charles just give him some time, it was an important race for him, it is his home race after all" she defended and Charles nodded "yeah your right sorry" he frowned "I'll let him know your sorry and tell him to come talk to you yeah?" She requested and Charles agreed before walking away.

Suddenly the podium she had seemed irrelevant and there was no excitement in getting it.

She shook her head and walked to her own motorhome slumping in the couch as she stared at the screen infront of her quietly before her phone went off.

Lewis

Congrats on the podium felt great having you up there with me! Let's work together and get plenty more

She smiled slightly but it still wasn't enough to make her excited about it.

Later

It was now 7:30pm and she was sat next to the water on the beach waiting for max to turn up.
She was still bummed out about the podium situation but didn't let it get her down too much for this night.

"Have you been waiting long?" Max's voice rung out and she looked up with a slight smile and he frowned "what's up?" He asked and sat next to her

"Nothing I'm just pretty bummed out that nobody was happy for my podium" she shrugged and he placed his arm around her shoulder "I was, I think everyone was confused on how they got bet by a girl. Not to be sexist by the way it's just never happened" he said she layed her head on his shoulder

"That makes sense..." She admitted and stood up "are you coming in?" She asked and took off her hoodie "it'll be freezing" he argued.

"I think the word your looking for is refreshing " she laughed and rushed into the water feeling much better about today's achievement.

She let the cold water rush over her body as she dove in as the weight from there torn friendship washed away with it.

Not even seconds later another splash was heard along with a girlish scream "I thought you said refreshing! It's freezing!" He yelled and she howled with laughter as she swam over to him before splashing him with the cold water.

They both felt so much better after letting the friendship they had rekindle

thisaintliving