(57) max verstappen

today was the day y/n and max were going on a date. two rivals in F1, y/n drove for merc with lewis while max was in redbull.
it was an odd paring for the to be together and everyone thought it was bizarre and risky. especially with the last races coming up. wouldnt it be harmful for their career or relationship with the tension on the track?

"are you sure this is what you want to do?" lewis asked for the 10th time and y/n rolled her eyes "lewis for the last time i want this and nobody is going to get in my way" she sighed and looked at the brit "i just don't think its a good idea, it could harm your guys's relationship" he defended and she shook her head "my my, lewis hamilton cares about something other than racing? pigs should be flying any minute now" she said and looked over her head  like she was watching for a plane.
"haha very funny. im being serious y/n" he said and stood up.

"it will be fine, its down to him about what really happens, track is track. how he feels about it all off track is completely his responsibility." she smirked and her phone buzzed

"dress in something nice, i have a few surprises waiting" max messaged and lewis read it "dress in something nice he says" and y/n pulled out a two coloured dresses "the f/c one or the o/f/c (other favourite colour) one?" she asked her bestfriend and he frowned "the first one, if your really going through with this" he said and looked at her phone.

"of course i am! i can't leave him hanging now" she smiled and walked into the bathroom.

"why are you so against this?!" she called through the door and he sighed "because i think someone is going to get hurt. that means it could be you and i dont want to see that happen" lewis stated and y/n came out the bathroom in her dress "i won't get hurt" she reassured and walked over to lewis handing him a brush "help me style my hair" she said and sat infront of him. he started styling her hair before she started talking again "besides i should be the least of your worries!" she beamed and grinned from ear to ear.

"right, your done and its time for him to be here in 5 minutes so you should head down" he sighed and handed her, her jacket
"dont be like that. it'll be fine" she smiled and walked out in her heels.

she walked down the stairs and smirked as she spotted the dutch pulling up to the path next to her. she opened the door and the both shared shy smiles "you look beautiful" max said and looked at her outfit.
"you dont look to bad yourself" she smiled and looked him in the eyes "now lets go!" she beamed and max chuckled while putting his foot down.
he started driving toward the beach and y/n stared at the window "im glad you gave me the chance" max spoke up and y/n almost chuckled "yeah well.. im glad you asked before i made a fool of myself asking you!" she smiled and placed her hand slowly ontop of his on the gearstick.

see.. this started when they had just finished a race and max had just drew points with y/n after that max came up to her hotel room to confess his feelings and ask her on a date.
y/n being the planning person and taking her career way to seriously agreed to this not because she felt the same. but because it would get her closer to winning. that was her plan.

"were here!" max beamed and got out. she done the same and looked at the candle lit pathway on the sand 'wow' she thought and max walked round to hold her hand. leading her though the pathway and to a table on the beach. it was underneath a gazebo like thing and it was surrounded with f/f's (Favourite flower). she was stunned to say the least. he really put all this effort into something so simple for her? she was shocked but she shook it off. this was a plan. not a date she reminded herself and took a seat inside "i have given the chef your favourite food so it should be here soon" he smiled kindly as his heart warmed at the though of you being here with him.

for some reason y/ns heart also warmed and she wondered if this was actually a good idea. she was wondering if she was going to catch feelings or not.

"y/n? are you okay? have you got a fever?" he asked and felt her face "your roasting." he frowned and looked at her face "and your face is red" he added and she felt her own face 'im..blushing?' she thought to herself "n-no im fine" she defended and turned away to hide her face "are you sure" he asked and sat back down to giver her some space. she took a couple of breaths before looking back to him.

"sorry.. i am fine tho.. its probably this stupid jacket" she said as she took off the jacket that she knew wasnt the problem

"your food.." the chef said as he sat the plate down infront of themboth. Max was right the chef did make her favourite food and she was in awe that max remembered all these things in only a few conversations they had previous days before.

time skip

this night she had been getting to know the dutch driver and she had to say he was nothing of what she expected. but beside everything she didnt forget why she was doing this. she anted to win and that is what she was going to do.

they both walked back to the car holding hands and they got in. silently max drove y/n back to the hotel she instantly messaged lewis to get to her room so she could talk to him about how she was feeling and to tell him that he was right it wasnt a good idea. but she now had to follow through with what she started.

she stepped out of the car and waved to max as before he went to park and head up to his room. y/n took this opportunity to rush up to her room. her best friend still waiting infront of the door on his phone.
"lewis!" she called as she rushed over to him and instantly hugged the taller male so her head was rested on his chest.

she grew up with lewis so they where bestfriends but more like siblings. she could always rely on him and hopefully she could do the same tonight.

"so what happened are you  okay?" he asked and took her into the room.
"no. you were right. it wasnt a good idea! what am i going to do lewis, i dont know if i done the right thing at all. i went on the stupid date to get him to like me in hopes he would go easy on me for a bit!" lewis covered her mouth and looked at her
"breath first of all and what went so wrong?" he asked and looked down at her with a concerned look on his face.

"i like him lewis. i think i like him alot" she breathed and ran her hands through her hair.

max smirked from  the other side of the door and walked away "everything goes according to plan" he mumbled to himself and  walked away to his room.