carlos x lando PT.2

1 month ago.

Within these few months, Carlos has never skipped a day of visiting Lando and when he did he would talk about anything and everything.
He would take the Brit's hand into his own and ask him to wake up continuously, he'd cry, smile and laugh as he spoke about what was going on outside.

He'd speak to the nurses to check on the progress but they told him the same thing every time.

'He just needs time'.

How much time? How long will he be stuck like this?

"You look peaceful..." He told the brunette while he sat in the chair next to the bed.

The monitors beeping just as loud as the first day.

He had planned on asking Lando on a date after that race.
It all went out the window.

So fast...

"Please wake up...." He whispered and brung the limp hand up to place a kiss on it.

He stood up and slowly let go, turning on his heels and heading out without looking back, knowing he would just go straight back to the chair if he did.

6 months.

6 fucking months and he was still out of it.

He hated the look on Lando's families face's.
He hated hearing the cries.
He hated having to apologise for something he blamed himself for but knew deep down that it wasn't his fault.

He just wanted his best friend back...

Now.

A week ago Carlos got the call.

The very call he's been waiting on. Praying for.

He told Lando's family and they decided to allow Carlos to look after him instead of Lando flying back home.

He didn't remember very much but the nurses and doctors said he should in a few months, maybe sooner if Carlos could help him.

So that's what he's been doing.

"How are you feeling?" He asks while walking into the spare room of his apartment.

"Same as yesterday and the day before and the week before" Lando smiled as he lay in the bed, his shirt off since it was pretty warm in the house.

"That's good!" Carlos beamed "I was thinking, we could take a walk down the track. I was given permission..." He adds and avoided looking at the Brit.
"Okay, sounds good" The brunette nodded with a smile as he sat up with messy bed hair only making Carlos even more nervous.

He nodded and took a sharp breath "after we could get food maybe?" Not an official date request but, it was something.

"Sure, as long as it's not fish" Lando laughed a little and crossed his legs
"I don't like fish" he shrugged.

"I remember..." Carlos smiled hopefully.

Was he getting his memory back?

He hoped it was that.

-------

Carlos walked down to the Track with Lando tagging along like a puppy behind him.
Carl's cap was pulled down to cover his face and one of his friend's hoodies was on which was a little oversized but it was fine.

"Wow, I forgot how overwhelming this feels sometimes" Lando spoke up as they got inside, the cameras of the paparazzi still flashing in the glass.

Lando looked around the entrance, the familiarity was there, he felt like he had been there and things were kind of getting in place in his head.
He hummed to himself as he mentally checked a list in his head of things he does and doesn't remember.

"Ha! You fell up them stairs" he laughed and pointed over to the set of metal steps they walked past.

"Oh yes, that" he smiled and looked back at Lando.

His progress was noticeable and his family saw it too every night they face timed.

"Do you remember anything about this track?" Carlos asked as they walked onto the actual race track.

They wandered around it, and Carlos asked him questions to see if anything came to him which a few things, actually did, he remembered moments with the other racers, some with fans and some with Carlos.

The two of them spoke about everything, from when the accident happened, before it happened and after it happened.

Carlos hasn't been back in the car since then, so the reserve driver took his place for a while until Lando was allowed to go back to racing.

"Maybe we could get ice cream instead of food?" Lando suggested and Carlos raised a brow.

"Shouldn't you be eating proper food?" He asks  and the Brit rolled his eyes

"I will, just ice cream first."

"Okay, fine but you must eat something when we get home" Carlos pointed at him, Lando had moved a little closer so their arms were brushing against each other.

Carlos smiled at the small gesture, they had gotten so much closer within the time they spent alone together, he spoke to Charles about his feelings after the night of the crash since he was overwhelmed and his teammate had been supportive every day.
He came to visit after Lando woke up and apologised repeatedly.

Lando only laughed and told him 'at least I'm not dead, it'll be a cool story to tell' he was always so careless.

"What are you staring at?" The brunette asks the Ferrari driver, who snapped out of his trance and shook his head.

"Nothing, the bird." He lied and pointed to the seagull.

"We see loads of seagulls, are you sure it wasn't me?" The boy grinned jokingly and Carlos laughed with him.

He loved how everything was so relaxed with him and how there wasn't enough time with him but it would go as slow as anything.

---------

"What ice cream?" The Spaniard asks his friend who stood next to him looking at the multiple flavour choices.

"We could share the big ice cream Sunday?" The Brit offered and pointed to the large bowl that was advertised.

"Sure, we can do that" Carlos nodded, cheeks slightly reddened.

The man nodded "coming right up! I'll bring it over to you both" he tells them.
Lando absent-mindedly took Carlos's wrist and pulled him along to two seats at the back of the ice cream shop and sat down in the quieter area.

They sat down across from each other. Lando stared at his hands while Carlos stared across at him.

He took in all of his features, from his blue eyes, his tanned skin, the chocolate brown locks that come over onto his forehead and the two freckles on his face.

"You're doing it again! What is it? Is there something on my face?" The Brit asked and felt around his face.

"No, there isn't," Carlos shook his head and looked away.

"Then why are you staring at me?" The boy asked and shifted slightly, he now leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms with a goofy smile.

There was a heavy few minutes of silence, Carlos couldn't open his mouth to speak.

"Are you going to answer me?" He pushed while Carlos stood up.

"Your sundae!" The waiter beamed and placed it in front of both boys thankfully distracting the 9-year-old boy trapped in a young man's body.

He didn't have to answer, but he should confront it soon... maybe tomorrow.

A/N PT 3 NEXT WEEK!
REJECTION OR ACCEPTANCE?