lando Norris *requested*

Y/n and F1 driver Carlos sainz where sat down waiting on her childhood friend lando Norris to come back.

"So how did you meet lando?" Carlos asked and she smiled brightly. Everytime his name was spoken, her face lit up like a thousand fireflies and her mood could never be changed.

"We met through our parents actually" she started "they got us on play dates and we've been friends ever since!" She said energetically "at first.. we weren't to sure about eachother but now we're like two peas in a pod!"

"That is correct!" Lando smiled while coming back with drinks. The Brit was smiling cheerfully as he placed a hand on his bestfriend's shoulder. The butterflies in her stomach fluttered around and made her feel kind of sick, but in a good way, how that worked, she had no idea.

She leaned against him passing another signal to try and allow him to notice her feelings for him as she had been trying to do this whole month but all of them where unsuccessful.

"So your just bestfriends?" Carlos asked curiously noticing her actions and lando grinned widely. Unaware of her attempts to tell him.

"Yep! Just best friends!" The young man said

Just bestfriends is all that repeated in her head it shatters her heart to hear those words fall from his mouth..

"Hey lando.. I feel a bit sick" she frowned "imma head to my hotel room..." She mumbled and he nodded

"Do you need me to walk you back? Did you eat something funny?" He asked concerned while looking her straight in the eyes both hands on each of her shoulders.

She lifted her hand up and squeezed one of his arms reassuringly but took it off her "no... I'll be okay" she said trying to convince him that she was absolutely fine.. 

So he let her go without anymore questions "I'll see you later!" He called out and she just gave a bitter smile.

In her hotel room. She received a message from Lando.

Hey y/n Carlos told me something about you having feelings for me?? I'm sorry I didn't notice the signs you where showing I feel like an idiot!

Typing...

She smiled at her phone and was about to reply before she received her dreaded rejection. 

I'm sorry but I don't share the same feelings for you that you do for me... You've always been my bestfriend and I've never thought of you as anything more... I'm really sorry y/n x

Y/n had tears in her eyes and her heart was breaking at the schemes but she resigned with the fact that she was his bestfriend AND the only women in landos life so at least she didn't have to go through the heartbreak of him falling for someone else right Infront of her eyes... Right?

It's okay lando, I understand
_____________
A couple weeks later

Y/n was heading down to paddock to meet up with Max for the day her second closest friend before he texted her.

Hey y/n I'll meet you outside of the paddock!

She raised and eyebrow while looking at the text "he said the redbull garage?" She questioned and looked over at it "I'll stop by and say hi to lando then"

Okay I'll be a minute :)

So she rushed over to the McLaren garage to check up on her bestfriend...

She hasn't seen him in awhile after she avoided him because of the heart wrenching feeling she for everytime she saw his face..

But she was definitely not prepared for what she was about to witness.