PT2 (59) Charles leclerc

He was dead right..

In Charles's dream anyway...

On the way to your room he stopped Infront of it with his heart racing .. he eyed the door suspiciously trying to find the answer but of course walls don't talk.
He lifted his hand to knock on your door but placed it back to his side, he repeated this action 5 times before he decided it wasn't a good idea.

"What are you doing in front of y/ns door?" Daniel asked as he rubbed his eyes and looked over.

"Uhm nothing!" Charles panicked and walked past the Australian McLaren driver. He rushed to the other end of the corridor to his room before entering and closing the door. He breathed a breath he wasn't aware he was holding and slumped onto his bed.

"She's never going to love someone like me" he muttered.

Yes despite his handsome looks and bright personality he was very insecure about the way he was .. he was always looking at the other drivers such as Lewis, George, lando and max, in the way girls look at models they feel they'll never compare to. To him this was the exact same thing.

With all the thoughts coursing through his head he fell into a deep sleep.. finally at 5:42 in the morning.

Dream

"Y/n!" He called at the other side of her hotel door at near enough 4 in the morning, he knocked loudly until the door opened and he looked at the y/h/l y/h/c haired girl in awe. Her hair was a mess and yet it was still perfect to him. Her tired y/e/c eyes looked up at him and a soft smile appeared onto her lips.

"Charles?" She questioned in a rough, croaky voice as she had just awoken.

"Uhm okay. So." He started and placed his hands together nervously while looking to the side facing her.

"The thing is y/n I know it's stupid but I like you. Like alot and I know we're just bestfriend's and that's how you probably see me but I wanted to let you know because I've been thinking about it and I'd really like for us to be a thing but we're not a thing and I was hoping we could be a thing if your interested in being a thing?" He blabbed chaotically while he blushed.

"Charles." She said simply and his smiled faltered not liking the tone she used "of course we can be a thing." She laughed at the use of the word.

"R-really??" He asked shocked she nodded and he went to wrap her arms around her until she was no longer there.

End of dream

He woke up and looked at the space beside him frowning after he noticed where he was.

"Charles! Hurry up were going to be late!" He jumped up and picked up his phone dropping it in the process. The time was then displayed and he rushed to get changed. He had to be at the track before practice ends... He was also going out with lando, max, Carlos and y/n afterwards.

He swung the door open and she grabbed his hand rushing them down the corridor and into the lift. As the doors where closing someone else made there way into it just catching the doors by 2 inches. "George? You slept in to?" Y/n questions with a smile..
"A well yeah I stayed up late and forgot to keep track of time" he said scratching the back of his neck "well no matter we just have to get a move on the tracks only across the street but you have 20 minutes." She informed the two boys.

They rushed out of the lift when it opened on the bottom floor and ran side by side over to the track whil y/n shook her head walking peacefully behind them as she didn't have to rush.

She had a warm feeling in her chest when she was with the two but wasn't sure what it was because of..

Charles got changed into his racing overalls and carried his helmet out to the garage where his car was. He was welcomed by his team but Carlos was already on the track.

After

"So wait... Charles never spoke to you last night?" Carlos asked and you should your head confusedly "no, not a word why? Is something wrong?" You asked worriedly and Carlos shook his head.

"What are you guys doing?" Charles asked while walking into paddock with lando.

"Hm? Nothing" Carlos said and scratched the back of his head "hey lando I think we should uhm go get drinks?" Carlos asked and pushed lando away before he could answer..

"What was that about.." Charles asked slightly nervous but you should your head "nothing" she reassured "oh I do have something to tell you tho!" She beamed as George walked in and wrapped an arm around your shoulder causing Charles's heart to drop into his stomach.

"Are you two...?" He went to ask and George nodded "yes! We are one!" He practically rubbed in Charles's face with a smirk.

"That's what I wanted to tell you!" You smiled completely oblivious to how he felt about you.

Charles stood shocked  before he shook his head and forced himself to smile "congrats you two!!" He clapped as Carlos, Max and lando made there way back over.

"What's happening?" Carlos asked and Charles looked away for a moment.

"George and I started dating yesterday.. that's why I invited you guys out" Carlos felt a pang of guilt hit him like a truck as he looked at Charles "Charles I'm so sorry man-" he said without thinking Charles shook his head "I'll catch you guys later" he nodded and walked out quickly.

"What happened?" Y/n asked and Carlos shook his head "I... He sorta has feelings for you" he spat and your eyes widened at the thought.

What an idiot... You thought and shook your head "well... He'll have to deal with his feelings" you said while nodding.

"I'll go check on him" lando frowned and walked out of the paddock towards Charles

"Charles... It'll be alright!" He beamed reassuringly and Charles turned to look at him

"No lando... I was right from the start. I dont compare to you guys. I never did, I never will." Is all he said before turning his back to the British driver and walking away.