*.~ Prologue ~.*

♡ ♡ ♡

The afternoon sun peered over Shiganshina's walls. Families were getting food for the kids to eat for dinner and kids were playing outside.

There you were, 8 years old. You had an eager feeling in your chest to finish this knitting project your mom gave you, which was a red, fingerless glove that went on your right hand. Nearly ever since you were born, your mother Carla instantly put knitting needles in your hands. She'd knit in front of you while you would sit in her lap.

Anyway, your mother was hanging the laundry that day. There was a nice breeze going at the moment.

"How's the glove going for you, sweetie?" You hear your mom ask, making you turn your head up at her.

A proud smile grew on your lips. "It's going really good, mom! I'm a second done with it after 2 weeks!" You say in excitement after finishing the full thing.

Your mother looked at your creation with a smile. "Wow, you've gotten really good at this. I'm impressed!" She caressed your hair. "I hope you grow up into a very sophisticated woman someday. Promise me?"

Nodding your head, you took her pinkie in yours. "Yes, mom!"

Rushing footsteps were heard down the street, making you turn to where the noise was coming from. You see a brown-haired boy with green eyes. It was your brother, but he had scratches on his face.

"Brother!" You stepped down the steps in a rush to get to him. You grabbed his shoulders to get his attention. "Why do you have scratches on your face?! Did you get bullied by those boys again?"

Eren shook his head. "No, I was saving Armin from those bullies. Those guys never catch a break!"

Carla made his way to the boy. "You need to make sure that you keep check of yourself too. Here, let me patch you up." She said in a pouty tone, making him sit on the rocky ledge.

Eren kept talking about this Armin kid, making you quite curious. So the next day, you decided to follow Eren.

"Hm... Where is he?" Eren looked around, the area.

As your eyes wandered, there wasn't anyone there. "Do you think he's not here today?" You questioned, stepping next to Eren.

In the distance, you hear distant pleading. "Hey! Can't you leave me alone?" The voice said. It sounded like someone who was about your age too.