*.~ Chapter Nineteen(2): Sensible ~.*

♡ ♡ ♡

You heard a mumble from Hitch, which you had assumed was Annie's name. You could see the angsty feeling in Hitch's eyes. That was, until you heard Marlo suddenly speak.

"Hey! Captain Levi!" He looked up at the captain with a determind expression, staring into Levi's dark eyes. "Please, let me join in your cause! I believe that the Military Police are in the wrong here. If there's any way that I can fight this world's injustice, then that's what I want to do!"

Levi's eyebrows visibly chrunched together as he glared down at the bowl-cut man. "Easy, calm down," he replied.

Marlo yet decided to speak again. "I swear I won't let you down sir!"

"No..." The captain said sternly with the same look on his face. "I have no way of telling if you have enought resolve to make an enemy of the state." He then proceeded to sheathe his blade into the ODM slots, walking towards you and your two dear friends beside you. "Let's go. Take them deeper into the woods and tie them up Sasha."

"Sir!" Sasha obliged, running atop the rocks.

"Hey Captain." You hear from behind you in the distance, seeing Jean and Levi make eye contact. "Would you mind if I did instead?

Levi walked away as he said, "Knock yourself out."

~

"It was just a test for them," Jean had explained to you. "See, look. Totally unharmed!"

You let out a sigh, which was mostly of relief with a pint of disappointment at what your horse friend came up with, but it sure did the trick. "Alright, well thanks for specifying. Captain Levi is just up ahead." You tilted your head to the right against your shotgun.

Walking up the path in silence, all you could here was the silent footsteps of you and your new-found allies. The afternoon light was peaking through the leaves of the trees, casting a shadow on the floor.

"[Name], if you don't mind me asking..." Hitch went up to your side, "How did you manage to get close to Annie? It was near impossible for me despite us sharing a room."

"Good question."

Thinking to yourself, you hummed.

"Hey! Annie, right?"

The blonde looked over with an unamused face, away from the book. She didn't say anything; As if she had anything to say in the first place. Annie did wonder how she didn't notice you climbing up her bunk ladder before you rested your arms on the bedding.