~.* Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Past Love *.~

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

Hange returned to HQ along with Onyankopon and was the only volunteer that wasn't declared on house arrest. Nothing in else in your mind mattered anymore and all you cared about was learning Eren's motives. A time like this isn't appropriate for any love or affection.

"Speaking of your regiment," Nile said at the mention of the Scouts, "I hear that a few of you Scouts were arrested and charged with leaking information about Eren to the public. You--"

"Urgent news!"

Everybody's heads whipped over to the sound of the door being slammed open. The MP held the door firmly with one hand as he spoke: "Eren Jaeger escaped! He broke out of his underground cell!"

A gasp left your mouth as Nile sent out orders to track him down. Everything around you was tuned out as your thoughts ran wild once again and it was all overwhelming.

'Your thoughts are running wild, are they? Is it enough to fuel your anger?'

It's her again.

'Fuel my anger?' you asked.

'Yes,' she calmly spoke. 'All this anger being built up inside of you is... beautiful. I'd love to see you break through with it. With my guidance, of course.'

'My anger...'

Eren's goal was to meet your half-brother and to reform the military starting at Premier Zachary. He was just the catalyst of this whole situation, just to demonstrate their power supposedly.

"Many of the Jeagerists are from the Scouts," Nile stated, "How will you take responsibility for their actions, Hange?"

"I'm willing to accept any punishment," Hange replied, standing their ground still. "But I won't resign from my post. That would be the height of irresponsibility. There's a lot we don't know yet. These Jaegerists could have members hiding anywhere, in any branch."

"Maybe, and perhaps I'm looking at one right now."

Wow.

You and your scout buddies accompanied Commander Hange to Niccolo's restaurant with Onyankopon to get a piece of information about Marleyan prisoners that were able to get jobs-- Niccolo being one of them.

"Hello there," the chef walked out awkwardly with a confused expression written on his face. "This urgent? Sorry, but... I'm preparing a main course for some very important guests right now."