~.* Chapter Forty-Five: Night of the End *.~

reader and Levi are daughter and father idc wish I could've written more for them in this story

reader and Levi are daughter and father idc wish I could've written more for them in this story. will be revised later

♡ ♡ ♡

"Reiner Braun. You were the one who breached Shiganshina's inner gate. Do you know how many Eldians were devoured by pure Titans because of that?"

"...and Annie Leonhardt. I hear you killed more than a few Survey Corp members in your time, and that's before we get into all the innocents you trampled trying to fight your way out of Stohess."

"Along with Bianca Leonhardt as well. You were known as one of Marleyan's best guardians while you had to stay behind, away from your sister. You hold one-half of the Path Titan's true and effective power. A very destructive power."

"But let's not forget the brave liberators of Paradis."

"There's Armin, the levelheaded one, who seems far too kind to cause the sort of bloodbath he did at that harbor in Marley. How high do you think you could stack those corpses? Don't forget the civilians. There were plenty."

"Not to sell the rest of you short. Everyone gave a heroic performance in Liberio. Jean and [Name], most of all."

"Little Falco here threw himself in front of you to protect the Cart, but you didn't let that stop you from firing your thunder spear, did you?"

"...and Eren's twin, the holder of the second piece of the Paths Titan. Distracting a Marleyan guardian on your own was a feat. It was an easy walk in the park for you, it seemed. Maybe a bit too easy for you, seeing that someone possibly held back."

"Of course. You thought you'd all made it out clean until Gabi gunned down Sasha. What a sweetheart that girl was. Even I couldn't help but feel sad for her. To you, she was family. You went through training together. Went through hell together. Losing her must have been more painful than I could imagine."

After Jean gulped down the last of his stew, he did his best to ignore Yelena's recall and looked at Hange, who was watching over the food. "This stew's pretty good, Hange. Got enough for seconds?"

Hange gave him a small smirk, "Oh, we've got more than enough, so don't be shy," they said, taking Jean's bowl at his request as he held it out.

"I wanna thank you for this, Yelena," he glanced over at the blonde woman across from him. "You're baiting us into airing out our grudges so we can get it out of our systems and get our heads straight, right? You'd have had someone to vent to yourself if you hadn't blown all your friends' brains out to keep your fantasy alive. Now you've got nothing but a head full of cutting remarks and a death wish. So this is actually pretty selfless of you."