*.~ Chapter One: To You, in 2000 Years ~.*

♡ ♡ ♡

The door opened behind you, making you turn your head from the upcoming lunch in front of you. Your brother and Mikasa came back with lots of wood, dumping them into a box. Your mother walked over to him.

"Wow, someone worked hard to keep us in fuel for the next several days." Carla said, leaning down closer to Eren.

You started to proportion the food on plates. "Eh. Whatever." You hear Eren say, rolling his eyes. "What was that for?" You hear him say, knowing that his ear got pulled by mom.

"Your earlobe's red, which means you've got something to hide." You hear mom say.

Letting out a small laugh, you put the food on a plate. "Did MIkasa help you again, Eren?"

Eren let out a 'hmph.' "S-So what if she did?!"

"Your sister's just teasing you." Your mom said with a laugh. "Sit at the table, okay? Lunch will be in a bit."

After a few minutes later, you handed the servings of food to the three of them, and finally yourself. You sat yourself at the table and started eating the mashed potatoes mom made.

"Hey, where are you headed off to, dad? A patient?" Eren asked before gobbling another spoonful of the food.

Grisha put a few books in his back. "Yes. Some folks in the Interior. I should be back in about a week or so." Eren started to pick up his bowl, getting the everything on the dish in his mouth.

"So, um..." You hear Mikasa say. "Eren's thinking about joining the Scouts."

You never seen your mom turn so sharply, nearly making you jump. The silence was deadly almost at what Mikasa said that Eren froze in his seat.

He slammed his spoon and bowl on the table. "Way to keep a secret, mouth!" He said in an angry tone.

"You're thinking about joining the Scouts, Eren? Seriously?" You say in surprise.

Your mother rushed over to Eren's side. "Get that ridiculous thought out of your head this instant, young man!" Her hand were gripping Eren's shoulders. "No son of mine is going to be fodder! Do I make myself absolutely clear?"

"Stop yelling at me!" Eren shouted.  

"Don't you dare-"