~.* Chapter Fifty-Three: The Ticking Clock of Life *.~

CW: mildly suggestive/suggestive content ahead!! (reader sits on armins lap, implied "ykyk")

♡ ♡ ♡

One day later. Midnight.

     Ever since we got back to Paradis for peace talks and met Mikasa and [Name] again, it's been so relieving. Yesterday, I traveled around with [Name], helping her make it to her clients on time. I admire her work as a doctor, but she said this stuff would be temporary until more doctors appear in Shiganshina and towns outside of it. She's had a knack for helping people, especially during her brief time with the refugees.

     I've been so eager as of late, to spend a couple of days with her and only her. However, I've lately been worried about the presence of the Jaegerists in Shiganshina and the other districts. Over the past day, I hesitated to bring the topic of the Jaegerists to [Name]. Honestly, I'd rather not converse with her about that. She's been through enough already considering she lost the last family she had 3 years ago.

     I wouldn't be surprised if someone who idolized Eren found out about the whole story and started planning an assassination attempt on me or anybody else apart from the embassy of Paradis.

     Or [Name] and Mikasa, if they were courageous enough.

     I feel tired as I look out into the dark sky outside the window, but I can't fall asleep. Despite it being nighttime, the moon shined over the district in the distance, shrouding the land in a captivating light.

     Next to me, I feel the sheets scramble. Was [Name] awake? Did I wake her just from sitting up? When I looked over my shoulder, her figure was shaped into the blanket on top of her, untouched from when I put it on top of her. It seems that I fortunately haven't woken her up, but I then found myself watching the moonlight fall onto her slumbering face. Just for a couple of minutes, I promise.

     "I don't... wanna die..."

     My eyes enlarged at the words that spilled out of her soothing lips and immediate worry filled me almost instantly. Her lips started to tremble as if she was freezing under the sheets.

     "'Min... don't leave me, please."

     I quickly scramble my body over to her side, placing a hand on her shoulder and gently jerking it. "[Name], wake up," I quietly shout.