~.* Chapter Thirty-Eight: Bitter Love *.~

CW: Armin watching the reader lick her lips

CW: Armin watching the reader lick her lips. yeah.

♡ ♡ ♡

What did you want in the future, after all of this ended?

That was one question you try not to think about, especially since Eren's exit. Since then, your answer wasn't really solidified. You weren't sure if you wanted to start a family or even get wedded if you had the chance-- in a world like this at least. An important factor is your shortened lifespan, which would make you leave your family and spouse behind.

Having a family comes with risks. The risks are not worth it, in your opinion. You already lost your family to the forgotten war that has lasted ages.

Armin took you to a calm and silent restaurant. It was run by a kind woman and was a family-owned place as well.

Your lunch in front of you sat untouched as you held the fork with your fingers. The thoughts in your head haunted you so much that it was all you could think about. Your twin is about to threaten people with the Rumbling.

Armin noticed your behavior and frowned at the thought of his lover feeling like shit. Putting his spoon down, he put a hand on yours, rubbing your thumb in a relaxing manner. "Wanna talk about it? We have quite the solitude. This place is one of the most inconspicuous places there is. I can see you're more fierce than usual towards others."

That's right; the restaurant had small booths and gave each party their privacy as they ate. The place also had a second floor, which was the floor you two were on.

"Ever since we got back from Marley, I think the public views me as some sort of... blood traitor," you explained as you thought back to what Floch said. Armin's expression shifted to a surprised one, intently listening to your words. "Floch said that as I was putting him in detainment."

"Floch..." he hummed to himself, slightly annoyed at his mention. "Keep going seashell."

With a nod, you looked at the medal Armin got from the ceremony four years prior. "I don't know what else to say other than the fury I felt at that moment. I don't get it. People don't get how I feel about this whole Eren and the Rumbling problem. They don't get how I feel... at all."

"That's right, they don't get it, and that's okay," he responded to you, making you look up at him. "They don't know you at all, but you should know that they're wrong. I'm going to be completely honest with you. Do exactly what you did with Floch."

"What I did with Floch..." you muttered.

"Yes. Of course, if it only makes you feel better," he added with a reassuring smile. "He doesn't know you. You're not a blood traitor, he doesn't know anything about you. He shouldn't know anything about you."