~.* Chapter Forty-Nine: Heaven and Earth *.~

♡ ♡ ♡

     The Battle of Heaven and Earth.

     That was the day when [Name] Jaeger lost the other half of her soul.

     [Name] Jaeger: a sister, lover, friend, enemy, daughter... a savior.

     The girl living in a world resulting from her brother, forever living with the cursed blood of a genocidal monster.

     She didn't care. She never cared one bit.

     Even if she had to live in her brother's shadow in the eyes of humankind, she didn't care.

...

     The beast was merely a pile of bones now; steam rising from the crevices of the hard material. The armored titan continued to hold the skull down even after defeating it from his tackle a few minutes before. Meanwhile, the six human figures stood around the scene, some lingering on the armored.

     "I guess killing some empty husk isn't gonna do anything," the older captain stated, clearly disappointed by the sight. The skull of the Titan was squished against the Founder's spine as it continued evaporating.

     Armin stared down at the corpse from the Armor's shoulder, evaluating the situation's results. "Zeke's using the same method as the War Hammer Titan to hide himself," the blond concluded while being slightly irritated by the circumstances.

     "You mean we have to find one tiny body in this huge mass of bones?!" Jean said with an arm out to the rest of the Founder. "There ain't no way! We gotta face up to reality!"

     "Armin!"

     "I know!"

     Connie and Jean stood still at the blond's mini outburst, not expecting his voice to be so demanding, but he was none other than the Commander of the Scouts now, according to the now-deceased ex-Commander Hange who had died hours before. "In one minute, I'm blasting this area away. Work with the Cart Titan to get clear!"

     A ball of anxiety grew in [Name]'s stomach at the thought of one: Armin staying on the Founder by himself, though she knew he was capable, and two: Eren would be gone. "Armin..."

     "Eren knows this attack could be coming. I can't imagine this will kill him! But if I blow these bones apart, we might figure out where Eren or Zeke is."