*.~ Chapter Nine: Sealing Trost with a Trial ~.*

♡ ♡ ♡

"I'm so sorry Eren." Armin apologized to Eren as Pyxis talked to the Elites behind him before looking at Armin with a surprised face. "I was just talking out of my head. It wasn't my intention for you to be pulled into all this."

"Stop apologizing." Eren replied. "The fact is you have a gift for strategy and you know it."

You gave him a gentle smile. "Eren's right. I mean, your strategies have gotten us out of trouble plenty of times."

Eren nodded in agreement. "I believe in you Armin."

"Eren." You hear Mikasa speak. "I really think I should--"

Eren looked at Mikasa with his eyebrows furrowed. "You're not coming with me." He said, making her gasp. "You're on the decoy squad. Period."

"No way!" Mikasa protested against him. "I'm not leaving you alone! I won't take another chance--"

"Knock it the hell off!" Your brother shouted, stepping towards Mikasa as she stepped back. Even you were caught off guard. "Get it through your head that I'm not your responsibility! You're not my mother!"

Armin and you looked at eachother, telepathically communicating that you both saw the tension between the two.

"Ackerman." You hear Elite Ian speak. "I want you on the squad that'll be providing Jaeger with backup."

As you looked at Mikasa, you saw her eyes shine with a glimpse of hope. "We'll need your skill." Ian said. "Hop to. Let's get this started."

Eren looked back at both you and Armin separately, speaking through your eyes.

'Don't die, sis.'

'I assure you that I won't, bro.'

Armin and you ran towards the corner of the district where the Titans' were supposed to be gathered up at. You put everything into hoping that Eren can do this and that he can successfully seal the wall. If not, you might as well just give up on everything.

It was going fine until you saw that damned red smoke signal.

As you and Armin both saw the red smoke, you both ran off with Marco calling out for the both of you.