*.~ Chapter Thirty: Cruel Love ~.*

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

"We're almost to the Scout's base near the ocean," Hange informed you, staying close to them. "We'll start experimenting with your Titan after you get settled."

Nodding, you then looked ahead and saw a huge wall peaking out of the sand. Eren had told you that was where people were turned into Titans, which is also the place your father had gained the Attack Titan. Met a guy named Eren Kruger, meaning he was the namesake for your brother.

Over the piece of land you looked over, you saw a blue surface that aligned the horizon in the distance. It was just as Armin said.

...

"Niccolo!!!" Hange called out to a blond man, who was dressed in some white clothing under the shade. Speaking of, this must be the man Sasha was talking about with his Marleyan cuisine that she heard about. "I've got someone new to introduce you to!"

Startled, he sharply turned around. "Oh-- Uh, Commander Hange! Who's this here?"

They went around behind you, leaning on your shoulder. "This is one of our veteran scouts, [Name] Jaeger. Very skilled one indeed," Hange babbled as they softly punched your arm.

Attempting to shrug her arm off, you pouted. "Don't need to flex me off Commander..."

"Nice to meet you," Niccolo said, seemingly trying to keep calm about the fact you were related to Eren.

"Oh?" Another voice joined, making you glance over at the figure approaching. A tall woman with rather dark eyes and short blond hair walked up to you. "Is this who I think it is?"

Her eyes were burning into your soul with strange admiration. You could feel her mysterious eyes look at you, making completely eye contact for what felt like five straight minutes. Even so, you couldn't help but wonder why she was looking at you like that.

"[Name] Jaeger, I heard? You must possess the power of the Paths Titan. Fascinating... Really Fascinating."

Hange jumped in the conversation. "These two are from Marley, along with the dozen other soldiers that volunteered. But, you needn't worry about that." They then looked at the blond lady. "This is Yelena, an Anti-Marleyan volunteer."

"I've longed to meet you, [Name]," she held out a hand.

With a bit of hesitance, you took her hand and shook it. "You too, Yelena."