*.~ Chapter Twenty-Three: Born Into This World ~.*

a/n: I wanna clarify that Carla's appearance can vary depending on the reader in this chapter

a/n: I wanna clarify that Carla's appearance can vary depending on the reader in this chapter. Personally, I'd think that the reader gets her looks from Carla. Eren may have some of the same features ofc, but then again, it's all for you to decide!! :)))

♡ ♡ ♡

The next morning, you were planning on visiting the Commandant for some information that Eren said he had knowledge on. While Connie went to his villiage, Levi and Hange accompanied your group back to the training grounds, which looked the same as ever.

"What's the matter, Braus?" The Commandant asked the standing girl. "Not gonna sit?"

Her voice was shaking. "No! I'm quite fine standing here, sir!" If one were to look at her, you would see the individual sweat drops on her face.

"If I recall," He said, refering to the group, "back in the day, I'd call you in here a lot when I was about to chew you out. It's only been a handful of months..."

"...and yet I barely recognize you kids."

Hange asked the question, "why we decided to speak to him."

Instead of answering, he looked at you and your brother straight in the eyes. Though, the both of you were used to being glared at by him.

"Eren. [Name]." He finally spoke. "You both look like your mother in nearly every way. However,  the daggers I see within your eyes. I see that those are your father's."

You let Eren do most of the talking this time, as he seemed more desperate than usual about this. He stood up from his seat.

"Tell us more about him!" Eren demanded, "Tell me everything you know!"

"I don't know much at all. Not in the grand scheme of things." Commandant unfortunately responded. "That said, I'll tell you a story that's of novalue whatsoever to humanity. The story of my past, as nothing but a bystander."

Having living to tell the tale, Commandant explained how he found your father right outside of the walls, in the middle of nowhere. He couldn't remember a thing, other than his name and occupation. Your father was intruiged by learning what happens within the walls and how life was.

The place where your mother was a waitress is where your father met her. She thought the Commandant was recruiting for the Scouts again, but your father said otherwise-- It took someone special to become a scout. A chosen one.