*.~ Chapter Twenty-Eight: Awaken ~.*

a/n: WHY OH WHYYYYY WHY OH WHYYY DONT YOU WANNA STAY WITH MEEEEEEE

anyways enjoy

♡ ♡ ♡

"Fragment 3 messed up somewhere," Ilse explained to you as the environment around you changed back to the bright blue tree. "Did you know that you were gravely ill when you were younger?"

You shook your head. "No, I never got told that. If that's true, then my father most likely took care of it."

"Fragment 4's immune system was not all that well, I must say." Adele spoke, kneeling down in the sand and making a rectangle about the size of you. "But right now, Fragment 2, we must focus on getting Fragment 4 back to her home."

Ilse kneeled down in the sand as well, making some swiggly marks around the rectangle and a symbol of an eye above it. They seemed very conentrated on making every detail perfect so you can make it home. Surely this 'Fragment 3' person didn't mean any harm.

The two girls stood up and looked at you while making sure not to mess the rectangle up. "You'll be in another loop, but not for long," Ilse explained. "While you were wandering hoplessly throughout the loops, there was a barrier in your actions and words. That barrier is the reason why you can't physically make your own decisions."

"What about what I say?" You asked her out of confusion. "I did feel like I said stuff against my will. I couldn't control what I say."

"Because what you say may or may not cause a dramatic change in the timeline," Adele said immediately after you finished speaking. "What one says can easily change what happened." She then pointed to the swiggly border around the rectangle. "See that? It breaks that invisible boundry that blocks Fragment 4 from physically interfering with fate."

"When waking up, remind yourself..." Ilse walked closer to you,

"...that everyone around you is just an illusion."

"Lay yourself down and you'll find yourself back in the loop."

Making sure not to mess up the marks in the sand, you slowly put yourself in the rectangle and closed your eyes, concentrating on your goal, which was to get back home.

"Farewell, Fragment 4."

...

The bright rays of sunlight woke you up from your slumber once again, along with the birds singing their songs above you. You sat up, noticing that Mikasa wasn't with you at all. But you didn't care, it was all just an allusion.