*.~ Chapter Sixteen(1): Lacuna ~.*

♡ ♡ ♡

"I may not have ever had the chance of seeing Eren win, but I never saw the little son of a bitch back down either."

When the three of you looked up at Hannes, he turned to the three of you. "Kid's got fire. To tell the truth, his persistence scares the piss outta me sometimes He gets knocked on his ass, he gets right back up again. You think he'd let himself be snatched away without fighting tooth and nail? Not a chance. Whatever strength he's got left, he'll use it."

Hannes held his hands out in an emphasizing manner. "What's two guys next to a whole gang? If you can count on anything, it's that Eren'll give 'em hell. At least till you or mee shows up to help. That's how it's always been, right?"

How could you forget..? Eren has never showed a slight bit of hesitance towards a fight, like when Trost's gate fell. People would expect you to know Eren like the back of your hand, but you doubted yourself that you knew who Eren was.

"He needs us." Hannes said in a determined tone. "Whaddya say we stick to what we know. It ain't the good ol' days unless the four of you are together."

...

You felt like you could kill someone at this point. It felt the same as if you were in that house, saving Mikasa from those kidnappers. You felt angry at yourself for forgetting what person Eren was, that he could never back down.

In front of you, you saw a very familiar lightning in the trees. A Titan Shifter was transforming, causing the Commander to demand a dispersal around the forest. When you got into an ODM-compatible area, you lifted yourself off with your hooks and flew between the trees.

"First thing we do is pinpoint the enemy and tell the others!" Hannes said as he looked back at you and a few other soldiers. "They're fleeing through the woods, so stay sharp! Break!"

Right as you separated, you hear a Titan roar from within the trees, making you look back at where you heard it. You flew towards where Mikasa was heading, where a Titan with brown hair held onto a tree. Connie was bombarding it with questions, so you concluded that the ugly Titan was in-fact Ymir.

"Ymir! Tell us where Eren is! Tell us anything!" You called out to her, but she was answering no questions. Instead, she was examining everyone's face as if she was looking for something, or someone.

"She's looking around at the other Scouts..." You muttered to Armin beside you.

He tilted his head at you as he glanced at Ymir. "I know. It's odd... Could she be..?"