*.~ Chapter Four: A Sister's Support ~.*

♡ ♡ ♡

After walking with Armin, he offered to walk you to the girls cabin which wasn't that far from the boys. You told him that he didn't need to, but he insisted. Honestly, you probably could've stopped him, but you decided not to.

You opened the door to the barrack, waving at Armin before entering. Mina made her way over to you with a teasing smile. "Oh~ You were talking to Arlert this whole time?" She questioned you.

"W-Well, yeah..." You stuttered a bit. "Have I been out that long?" You asked.

Mikasa walked up to the two of you. "Yes. Eren and I were out for 30 minutes, but the two of you have been our for at least an hour." She stated with a quite accurate estimation.

Feeling a bit flustered at Mikasa's statement, you looked down at the floor. "I didn't think we'd take a walk that long, okay?" You glanced up at the two girls, seeing Mikasa send you a small smile.

Mina's eyes lit up. "Oh, right! Annie wanted to talk to you about something up there." She pointed to one of the upper barracks. "I'm not sure what though, but I won't budge.

You nodded. "Alright then."

"I'll be going. I'm gonna cut my hair in the washroom." Mikasa walked away in the direction of the washroom.

Sending a wave her way, you made your way to the barrack beds you, Mina, and Annie were sleeping in. Annie looked at you from a little book she was reading in the meantime.

"Annie." You called out. "Mina told me you wanted to talk about something, am I correct?" You asked as you sat down a distance from her.

The blonde nodded with a very serious face, but not to the point where it was intimidating. "I wanted to ask if you could be my sparring partner. It's completely fine if you don't want to."

With a confounded expression, you were quite shocked for Annie to pick somebody like you. "You want me to be your sparring partner?"

Annie hesitated, looking slightly away from you. "Again, it's a choice. Probably a privilege if you make it." She said. "Not to be egocentric, but I can teach you very useful combat techniques. It's worth teaching you since most people at this boot camp seem like indolent idiots."

Blinking a few times, you smiled despite her rather unexpected opinion. "I'll be happy to be your sparring partner when the time comes."