~.* Chapter Fifty-Four: The End, Your Final Stand *.~

♡ ♡ ♡

     The images of Armin running with your kids smiles on their small faces.

     Living life to the fullest degree.

     You were to live in your brother's shadow for the rest of your life.

     The Jaegerists glance at you once in a while, and it's just a reminder of how much it hurt that unfortunate day.

     He remembered. Armin, at the age of 38, remembered at that exact moment as the coffin lowered into the hole, that no matter how much both of you desired to be with each other, death always follows behind you, waiting for the moment to snatch your lives. That one day, you were living your life with your teenage daughter and son with a smile on your face. They had just turned 16. Your daughter resembled most of Armin's facial features while your son resembled yours.

     They were truly beautiful.

     They both had your smile.

     As a person ages, their bones start to break down. Their whole body does.

     The current Jaegerists... They knew this. They planned it all.

     Maybe if Armin had been there, your kids would've had that smile on their faces. You wouldn't have been slashed down like a wild animal in that beautiful outfit you wore.

A QUICK EXPLANATION
 The battle at the port all those years ago was the cause. Those sly enough to escape the port before getting blown away by the alliance backed away from the fight almost immediately as a last resort to restore information. They were aware of the betrayal, and you know exactly how information is passed throughout the social world.

It was the reason you laid in the casket of flowers.

But at least the pain finally ceased, right?

     Assassination. The one thing you feared for the first couple of years back at Paradis. The Jaegerist's revenge for your brother whom they praised and practically worshiped led to your death. The worst part is that the person who stabbed Armin's beloved [Name] fled with no trail to follow.

     Now he watched the casket close, leaving him with the picture of your sleeping face. If he had to describe it, you looked like a sleeping beauty that yearned for eternal sleep after the harsh storm. There was crying around him, yet he stood still. His whole body was frozen. No tears were shed as he watched the closed casket sink into the dug hole. He wanted to cry. He wanted to scream. He wanted to tell those memories to fuck off for once.