*.~ Chapter Twenty-One: Sentience ~.*

a/n: short but simple

a/n: short but simple. school is hell :))

♡ ♡ ♡

"All right, time to think."

After riding in silence along with Rod Reiss's titan, Hange broke the silence within the group. "First off, Lord Reiss was after the Founding Titan's power, which resides in Eren. Thing is, the Founding Titan can only be used at full potention by someone of royal blood. But then, when a royal does obtain the Titan's power, they suddenly take on the First King's ideology, which means they'll refuse to do anything about the Titans."

"You know," Eren spoke, "we still have the option to go back. We just need that Titan to eat me, then Reiss will become human again. We could still have a true Founding Titan."

Your eyes closed as he said those words, and if was able to feed himself to Reiss, what would you do then? Without your brother, then what exactly are you?

"Wait, you don't mean--" Mikasa spoke quickly before he could speak.

Levi pondered for a bit before saying "It's worth considering," making Mikasa gasp. "Once Reiss turns back into a human, we could capture him,  and undo the First King's brainwashing. It may well open a path to save humanity."

Accellerating his horse, Levi rode near Historia and Eren. "Tell me Eren. If that turns out to be our best bet, are you willing to do it?"

Eren turned to Levi with a determined expression, "Yes, I am."

The experession on your face looked miserable as you looked away so nobody could see you. That was, until Historia put up another option.

"Let's not forget the other option," she said, "First off the plan you're discussing is full of flaws. For one thing, it might not be possible to free my father from the First King's will. No matter how you restrain him, if he alters everyone's memories we're finished; and consider how much there is that we still don't know. About the Founding Titan."

In your opinion, she was absolutely right. Even if they were able to get Reiss to eat Eren, there would be no guarrenteed that the First King's will can be removed.

"She's right," Armin agreed. "It's not even guaranteed that Reiss would turn back to normal if he did eat Eren, that's just a hypothesis."

Took the words right out of your mouth, really.

Historia nodded to Armin's statement, proceeding to go on. "So far, we've only been led by destructive pacifists. If they'd kept the Founding Titan's powers, that's how it would stay. This is humanity's first chance to escape from them." She turned towards Eren, "Eren, you're father wasn't evil. He was trying to save humanity from the first king."